All reviews university of alabama front desk legends bar perfect location if you are ordered room service roll tide my daughter conference center room was clean in town college visit very nice hotel cleaning staff staff was friendly would stay again football weekend ralph
Reviewed April 24, 2017

Sam and Dave at the front desk were courteous, prompt and helpful. I couldn't have asked for a better check-in experience. My room was comfy, clean and quiet. The location is easily accessible and has ample parking. The breakfast bar is outstanding (not complimentary.) Great stay!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Barry C, General Manager at Hotel Capstone, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Thank you for your kind review, and particularly for mentioning by name staff members who provided exceptional service. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

The room is very dirty and old looking. Carpet is very worn and has so much dust collecting in the corners. There's also lots of noise from the hallway -- possibly due to the large gap at the bottom of the door. The location is convenient for a conference I'm attending but that's the only positive so far.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience with us. I apologize that we failed to deliver the service and quality levels that we strive to deliver to each guest. I would be happy to discuss these things with you if you would like. Please contact me at barry.carden@hotelcapstone.com if you wish to do so.

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

The University of Alabama's outstanding quality kept standards high for visiting parents. After a fun day with my son, we parted at night and both walked to our beds on campus, such a good feeling! High class standards throughout the hotel, and surprisingly affordable, $57.00 and $75 after tax and fees (midweek).

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We hope that we will get to see you again during your next visit to Tuscaloosa!

Reviewed April 12, 2017

I've stayed at the Capstone many, many times in Tuscaloosa. The positives are - location, friendly and responsive staff, and cleanliness. I can't remember when the place was built, but it sees a TON of traffic from parents, football games, prospective students etc. It's starting to show its wear. The bathrooms are a little on the small side, and rooms aren't exactly huge, but parking is free, and if I remember correctly, so is the wifi. Sometimes it can be very pricey. Then again, did I mention how good the location is? And the parking is free? Great pool for kids too. Tough to find that combo in Tuscaloosa, especially on a busy weekend. I predict that they do some remodeling in the next few years. Look, I'm not saying the place is bad by any stretch. It is nicer than any Hampton Inn in town, not as nice as the Embassy Suites, and nicer than any of the other chains there. One more positive - beds are VERY comfortable. I dinged it one star because I have had a few air conditioning issues the last few times I was there, but the staff came in and fixed them very, very quickly, so not a big deal at all. This goes back to the "dated" part.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ALTrvlr

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts from your visit with us, and for your ongoing patronage of our hotel. We are proud to say that we have been a contributing member of the Tuscaloosa business community for 30 years. We do continually reinvest into the hotel. Since we decided to become an independent property (no franchise affiliation) in 2008, we have re-invested an average of close to a million dollars per year. Last year alone we spent 1.5 million dollars in renovations and betterments. The next time you are with us I would be happy to share with you what we have done and our plans for the future-which this year include morning use of our lounge area as a coffee bar, and the addition of a convenience shop. Thank you again for choosing Hotel Capstone. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the capstone for a business trip. Great location right in the center of campus. Rooms are modern and updated. Charlie and Carrie took great care of us in the restaurant. Everyone was courteous and helpful.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review. We are always particularly happy when our staff is complimented by name so that we can make sure that they get special recognition from the ownership and management. We hope to see you again soon.