“Location location location”
Review of Hotel Capstone

Hotel Capstone
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Really the only place to stay for game day. Traffics a nightmare but from the capstone u can walk to everything. Game. Quad. Sorority houses etc. hotel is very nice as well. Nice folks working there always pleasant and helpful. Matthew hood was instrumental in making my stay nice and always there to help. Rooms nice and clean fairly spacious considering. Beds comfy. Enjoy. Roll tide

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Barry C, General Manager at Hotel Capstone, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you to this guest for posting this kind review. We look forward to seeing them again, and Roll Tide Roll!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Capstone

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Every staff member was so helpful and courteous.
The maintenance man brought us fresh, clean towels while we were swimming and checked on us to make certain we were happy with the pool environment. He was wonderful!
All of the clerks at the desk were very friendly and eager to serve us!
What a great atmosphere and stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PSBgymLA
Barry C, General Manager at Hotel Capstone, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

We thank this guest for taking the time to post their review, and for the very kind remarks. It is very heartening know that they enjoyed their visit, and we always are excited when our staff is mentioned for excellent service!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here while in town on business. Service was good and room was nice. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was a little small but clean. The hotel is located on the lovely campus of the University of Alabama. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Barry C, General Manager at Hotel Capstone, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

We thank this guest for their kind remarks. We are happy that they enjoyed their visit and we look froward to serving them again!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Recently renovated, the room was clean and well appointed. It was also within walking distance of the hall where my graduate program's orientation was held for two days. Food/room service was reasonably priced and quite tasty (I didn't eat dinner outside of the hotel either night.). The staff could not have been more helpful with directions and other pertinent information. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when visiting UA. Roll Tide!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Barry C, General Manager at Hotel Capstone, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

We are very happy that this guest enjoyed their visit. We look forward to seeing them again. And yes, Roll Tide!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I traveled their with a friend over the weekend. I know the bathrooms had been remodeled but I wasn't impressed with the work. The shower panel would not stay connected. The sink needed a desperate paint job. When u hit the switch, it turned off my alarm clock and tv instead of controlling the lights. The a/c isn't the best. However, the room was clean. I reported this to the front desk. Chad and Lynn was very sweet and understanding about the whole thing. I ate in the Legends Bistro before leaving. It's beautiful and all of the staff treated me and my friend accordingly. I wish their breakfast was complimentary though. With the money you pay, you deserve free breakfast. Lester always does a great job helping me move in and out the room. He has such a warm smile. He always makes me feel so welcomed when I arrive. I enjoyed my stay overall but they just need to work out a few kinks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
karnaz, Director of Sales at Hotel Capstone, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

We appreciate the kind remarks of this guest. We also appreciate when our staff members are mentioned by name so that we can reward them for superlative service.

We are very sorry to learn of the problems that they discovered in the newly renovated bathroom. We have just completed the “punch list” that is created as we inspect the workmanship of the renovated areas. This list is then given to the contractor, who goes back and makes repairs or corrections to the indicated issues. The contractor is in the process of working through this list and we would expect the shortcomings to be remedied during this process. However, we would be very appreciative if the guest would contact us so we can determine what room they stayed in and ensure the deficiencies mentioned are addressed.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Best Regards,
Barry Carden

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was traveling alone to meet my daughter and help her move in her new apartment. We booked the reservation on line thru bookings.com. On the day on my arrival, the hotel did not have my resevation, and blamed the new website (bookings. com) for the mistake. It was moving weekend at the University of Alabama and all the hotels were sold out. They managed to accomodate one night and the second night I stayed in an old and run down Hotel that after all, turned out to be clean and convenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
karnaz, Director of Sales at Hotel Capstone, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

We are very sorry for the booking mishap this guest experienced during their recent visit. There was a breakdown in communication with our third-party booking vendor and we deeply regret that our guest suffered the consequences. We would be very appreciative if he or she would contact us so we can discuss an amicable resolution to this unfortunate event.

Best regards,
Barry Carden

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel on a company trip. It was very nice and very clean. The staff was superb! Comfy accommodations, spacious rooms in a beautiful location. I can see how parking might be a problem on a busy weekend but it wasn't an issue for me. I hope to make a return visit soon!

• Stayed: August 2013