“Very clean, good place to stay. On second day room was not...”

Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa - University of Alabama
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very clean, good place to stay. On second day room was not well cleaned as I excepted, but was nicely furnished. Good place to stay. Good value.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John J
James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa - University of Alabama, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this very important feedback. I will be sure to pass along your feedback, so that we can re-focus on providing the most consistent stay possible. We apologize for your second night inconvenience, and we will do a better job! Thank you for choosing our Day Inn, while visiting Tuscaloosa, Alabama and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cynthia E

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My original reservation was canceled without my knowledge & the room was given away. I had driven for 12 hrs from Miami, FL with my daughter with no place to stay at 1am in the morning! I was tired & very upset since many hotels were booked due to UA freshman orientation, which was my reason for visit. Tge hotel should have contacted me if there was an issue. There was no manager on duty nor did one contact me about my issue...I will not recommend this place to anyone nor will I stay there again!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sonja S
James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa - University of Alabama, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for choosing our Days Inn and for providing us with this opportunity to address your concerns. The type of reservation that you made was a prepaid reservation that requires a valid credit card in order to receive the additional discount benefits. Upon receiving the Prepaid reservation notice, we are required to charge your credit card per the reservation requirements, the credit card declined, making the reservation invalid according to the standard. The reservation was canceled and the cancellation notice was sent to the email address attached to the original reservation. Our records indicate that you made the reservation on July 6, 2013, via the internet and that a cancellation notice was sent to your email address. Once the credit card declined, then the prepaid reservation is no longer valid.

It was not our intent to inconvenience you, but we could not hold a reservation at that rate, with a credit card that we was not able to be authorized for the full amount. A guaranteed reservation only works if the credit card can be authorized for the prepaid amount. We appreciate that you did come back to stay with us and I would have been more than happy to speak with you in person. Should you have any question, please contact me at 205-759-5000.

James

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa - University of Alabama, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I always appreciate being able to review hotels here at Trip Advisor before I select one. This inn was no exception. I realize that there are always going to be negative reviews of hotels as well as some which seem to be a bit overinflated to me.

I am going to provide a letter grade for various items that are always of concern to me and many other travelers:

Cleanliness: Grade A. The room was spotless. No sign of mildew in the shower. Floors had been carefully vacuum cleaned. No sign of something missed by cleaning staff.

Decor: Grade A. Carpeting looked new. Shower and sink were attractive. Furnishings were attractive.

Function/Maintenance: Grade A. Air-conditioning worked well and made no noise. Shower head was suitably high and showered with good pressure. Sink and shower drained properly. No problems with flushing toilet. Room contained a microwave oven, coffee maker, and refrigerator. Old school TV. Note: Some rooms have flat-screen TV's. Ours was not one of them.

Service: Grade B. The reason I say this is because when I checked into the room, the TV was on. As I moved about the room, I found an empty shoe box, a can of spray deodorant, and a bottle of laundry detergent. I quickly went to the desk to have this problem remedied. Evidently, I was checked into a room that someone else was occupying. The manager, James, immediately assigned us to a different room on the ground floor. I don't know how this could have happened, but it did, and I wonder how it happened. I am a frequent hotel visitor and had never entered a room that someone else was using. Care should be taken so this does not happen again. James did knock a bit off of the price "for your check-in trouble" when we were leaving in the morning and checking out.

Location: Grade A. You can't do any better than this location. Restaurants, malls, WalMart, and Sam's Club were all within walking distance or short driving distance. We didn't feel like leaving the hotel area and driving anywhere, so we went to Logan's Roadhouse.

Overall, this was a good experience among chain hotels.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide with this very important feedback. Again, I apologize for placing you and your husband in a very uncomfortable position, but I can assure you that no one was actually occupying that room. There was an unfortunate mix-up on the housekeeping list that resulted in a "stayover" vs "speed checkout" listing. I appreciate your patience and understanding while allowing me to correct this unfortunate error. This issue has been addressed with my staff and we will work even harder to prevent this from ever happening again. Thank you for choosing our Days Inn and for your more than fair assessment of your most recent stay. We look forward to your next stay!

James