“Clean hotel at a good price”

Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa - University of Alabama
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed July 16, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa - University of Alabama, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I always appreciate being able to review hotels here at Trip Advisor before I select one. This inn was no exception. I realize that there are always going to be negative reviews of hotels as well as some which seem to be a bit overinflated to me.

I am going to provide a letter grade for various items that are always of concern to me and many other travelers:

Cleanliness: Grade A. The room was spotless. No sign of mildew in the shower. Floors had been carefully vacuum cleaned. No sign of something missed by cleaning staff.

Decor: Grade A. Carpeting looked new. Shower and sink were attractive. Furnishings were attractive.

Function/Maintenance: Grade A. Air-conditioning worked well and made no noise. Shower head was suitably high and showered with good pressure. Sink and shower drained properly. No problems with flushing toilet. Room contained a microwave oven, coffee maker, and refrigerator. Old school TV. Note: Some rooms have flat-screen TV's. Ours was not one of them.

Service: Grade B. The reason I say this is because when I checked into the room, the TV was on. As I moved about the room, I found an empty shoe box, a can of spray deodorant, and a bottle of laundry detergent. I quickly went to the desk to have this problem remedied. Evidently, I was checked into a room that someone else was occupying. The manager, James, immediately assigned us to a different room on the ground floor. I don't know how this could have happened, but it did, and I wonder how it happened. I am a frequent hotel visitor and had never entered a room that someone else was using. Care should be taken so this does not happen again. James did knock a bit off of the price "for your check-in trouble" when we were leaving in the morning and checking out.

Location: Grade A. You can't do any better than this location. Restaurants, malls, WalMart, and Sam's Club were all within walking distance or short driving distance. We didn't feel like leaving the hotel area and driving anywhere, so we went to Logan's Roadhouse.

Overall, this was a good experience among chain hotels.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide with this very important feedback. Again, I apologize for placing you and your husband in a very uncomfortable position, but I can assure you that no one was actually occupying that room. There was an unfortunate mix-up on the housekeeping list that resulted in a "stayover" vs "speed checkout" listing. I appreciate your patience and understanding while allowing me to correct this unfortunate error. This issue has been addressed with my staff and we will work even harder to prevent this from ever happening again. Thank you for choosing our Days Inn and for your more than fair assessment of your most recent stay. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The parking lot is very small, is gated, located only on one side of the hotel, & not easily accessible to all rooms. The room was up to par, clean, bug free, & smell free. Good enough for a second stay.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this very valuable feedback concerning your most recent stay. We work very hard to maintain a very clean and comfortable environment, so that you will make us your home away from home. During our peak travel season, parking can become a bit frustrating, so we appreciate your patience. Give us a call on your next visit to Tuscaloosa, and again thank you for choosing our Days Inn for your lodging needs.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 21, 2013

In this days inn there were bugs crawling on the floor and walls. There was also dirt all over the floor in the bathroom. It was so bad that we left and it was one in the morning. Needless to say, it was nasty!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Musicalroamer
James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa - University of Alabama, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Sir/Madem,

I sincerely apologize if your stay was anything less than what you expected. We pride ourselves on providing a clean quality stay at a competitive rate and our reputation speaks to our level of committment to each and every guest. I would very much like for you to contact the hotel direct as our records do not indicate any guest concerns fitting your detailed feedback. You may reach me at 205-759-5000, and please ask for James.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa - University of Alabama, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We traveled to Tuscaloosa for an overnight stay. We stopped and asked for any availability. Wanted a non smoking on first floor. The only one was on the second and with no elevator that wasnt an option. So we opted for smoking room. We were very pleasantly surprised. The room did not have the smoke smell at all. The room was clean and comfortable. We did not try the breakfast due to us having a big day and needing more than fruit and cereal. Definetly would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for allowing us to provide your lodging while visiting Tuscaloosa. There are times when our inventory will allow for us to meet your room requests and other times when we cannot, but we do our very best to give you as many options as possible. We appreciate that you allowed us to show you another option and that it met your lodging needs. I will pass along your kind comments to my staff, as they serve as motiviation for our continued efforts to provide the best guest service possible. Again, thank you for choosing our Days Inn and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.