“BEWARE of cancellation policy”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“BEWARE of cancellation policy”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We are scheduled to stay at Comfort Suites this Friday night (September 24). I called today (Sunday, Septermber 19) to cancel the resevation and was told that there is a SEVEN day cancellation policy. I know- I should have checked when I reserved. But, I know that the hotel is almost full and will likely fill up by friday, so I asked if we would get our money back if someone else booked the room and they said NO. So, if the hotel is full, we have to pay for the room that we cancelled 5 days before the reservation AND someone else pays. To me, this is very unethical and I will not stay in Comfort Suites again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank abeckett43

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The hotel is very nice, clean and has a great staff. The only drawback was the road noise which was a major one for me. The only rooms available when we checked in were on the side next to the interstate. The noise was terrible when trying to go to sleep. I had to use earplugs to help block out the noise. Be sure to ask for a room away from the interstate and if one isn't available I would look for other accomodations a little further down from the intersection.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
usa
Reviewed March 6, 2010

We stopped at the Comfort Suites on our way through Alabama. This had to have been the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Rooms were clean and very cozy! The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The hotel has many amenities that will make me stop again, indoor pool, exercise room, business center, and nice hot breakfast. Hats off to the group of people at this hotel for the hard work you do!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I stayed here last year and then again this year--mainly so that I could earn points. I wouldn't do so again, even for points. This place has clearly deteriorated over the past year. The walls were dirty, and it was clear that maintenance was not ongoing. Also, we asked at booking and at check-in to be on the side away from the highway, but we were not accommodated. Space in the suite--if one could call it that--was very cramped; one bed was less than six inches from the air conditioner and the window. The suite was about as large as a standard room at a Holiday Inn Express or a Hampton Inn; however, it cost more. Also, although the facility is non-smoking, two of the employees were smoking just outside the entrance.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We were returning to Texas from Greenville, South Carolina at the same time Hurricane Gustav was starting to bear down on the Gulf Coast region of the United States. This was about the only hotel left that had a vacancy, but we found that it was an adequate hotel at which to rest. As you can imagine, there were tons of cars in the parking lot and tons of people in the halls, in the lobby, in the parking lot. But despite all of this, the hotel was pretty quiet at night and remained pretty clean too. Like I said in the title: excellent hotel despite the circumstances!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Virginia
Reviewed January 14, 2009

We were in town for an historic family birthday and needed a place to stay fairly close by. Because of health issues, we needed to find clean non-smoking accomodations.
Location is excellent, adjacent to interstate. Our room was in the back and quiet.
An employee was there to help with luggage. Check in was fast and easy. The hotel is all smoke free and also did not seem to use the "standard" hotel odor hider we've found in many hotels, so air quality was excellent.
The breakfast bar was good with waffle maker, boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, etc.
Computers available downstairs as well as internet access in room if you bring your own.
Employees were all amiable and solicitous.

Stayed January 2009
Portland, OR
Reviewed January 1, 2009

Rooms are well-kept and large, with separate living/sleeping areas. Rooms on the back of the hotel are quieter, but still subject to some road noise. The computers in the lobby were hit or miss when I needed to print, but my wireless worked well. I have stayed here on multiple trips - it's worth coming back to.

• Liked — Room quality
  • Disliked — Location - road noise and not walking distance to downtown
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)