“Excellent place to stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I must say from the first day I walked through the doors I have felt at home. Ms.Cathy Kelly (Front Desk) Made me feel a though I was walking into my own house after a hard day of work not only the first day of my stay but every day after that. Ms. Kelly and the rest of the staff at the front desk are the best. I can't forget about the house keeping dept Ms.Ann made sure I had everything I needed daily even if she was not the one who was cleaning my room .I must say I will miss staying at the comfort in T.Town lol but whenever I come to visit this will be my home. Ps. Did I mention most of the staff knew me by name

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank leesawyer

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This place is a DIVE. I stayed here recently on a business trip. When I checked in, they told me the King room I had reserved is not available so they put me in a 2 Queen. The room I got was NOT clean, it was drafty, and the beds and pillows are small and uncomfortable, I didn't sleep well all week. To top it all off, the breakfast meats (w the comp Bfast) were over-cooked each morning. There's no Comfort at this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Travelling from kentucky to new orleans - hotel was just off the freeway. Rooms were lovely and clean and comfortable. quiet location. Nice bathroom, beds + free wifi. Lovely staff at reception. Hot breakfast included. Would recommend. thanks,

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Milliefran
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had never been to an event at Tuscaloosa's Amphitheater, so we asked at our hotel regarding parking, how far it was to walk, etc. Cathy at the front desk looked up the number for us to call. We got great advise from an employee there. She asked us if we had found out what we needed before we left. Great follow up. She saw at at the hot breakfast bar the next morning and asked how the concert had been. We will definitely stay there again. Right at exit 73. Everything was great!

Room Tip: We did ask for a room opposite the interstate to insure quieter night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had reservations for a two night stay - Friday and Saturday. We were coming in for a football games. Our plans had to change and I called to tell the hotel we would not be coming in on Friday night. At first, the hotel told us there would not be a problem with cancelling the room for Friday night and holding our reservation for Saturday night. I was surprised but pleased. I got a phone call back and the clerk told me she had talked to the manager and they could not just cancel the one night. I told her that was fine, was expecting to pay for Friday night even though we would not be there but to keep our reservation because we would be there on Saturday. We were assured there would be no problem. When we arrived at the hotel on Saturday, we had no room. We were told their system would not allow them to do what we asked. Why weren't we told this on the phone??? Also, after a follow up with corporate we were told what the hotel should have done to save our reservation. The hotel manager will not admit a mistake was made and will offer no resolution. Needless to say we are not happy with Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We looked for a hotel with a hot tub.. The website shows a hot tub but it was removed in Febuary!! Despite the hotel requesting updates to the website , the corporation continues to false advertise. The hotel is lovely but not what I paid for. I won't trust this corporation again!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Linda M L
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Southern hospitality from the get-go! Staff friendly, rooms comfortable and large. Near I 20 and choices for eating. Not to forget,direct access north to UA campus. Would stay there, again! Hot breakfast included.

• Stayed: August 2013