“Nice Place”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed January 4, 2008

This hotel is new and clean. It's very easy to find and it's close to restaurants & shopping. They have 2 computers in the lobby for guest use, which was nice. The room had a large flat screen TV with DVD player. The hotel staff, though not overly friendly, was helpful when I needed directions, crib, etc.

My only complaint was the noise. Half of the rooms face the interstate and it's pretty close...it might keep you awake if you're a light sleeper. It was also very easy to hear other guests in the hallway. If noise doesn't bother you, this is definitely a comfortable room and I'd stay there again...but I'd request a room away from the interstate.

• Stayed: December 2007

Reviewed December 8, 2007

This place was AMAZING. Although it is new, the stff is knowledgeable, helpful and went out of their way to insure we had a wonderful stay.

The room smelled like a brand new house (I should know, I'm a homebuilder) and it was just like a home away from home. The location is near the interstate, but we didn't hear any road noise at all. There are restaurants galore nearby to satisfy any taste.

If you can't be happy here, you should stay home!!!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2007

Still working out some newness issues, but I'm loving these new Comfort Inns all over the country. Free wireless and a decent free breakfast. This one is a 1 room "suite" so lots of space.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank joelinda
Reviewed June 10, 2007

We stayed in Tuscaloosa, Alabama in May and chose Comfort Suites on McFarland Blvd. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. There are computers in the lobby with printers, free breakfast (juice, coffee, instant grits and oatmeal, bagels and toast with jam and cream cheese, cereal, yogurt, sausage patties, and make-your-own waffles), and free wireless internet.

The room we booked was a 2 queen with a fridge, microwave, couch, and flat screen plasma TV with a built in DVD player. It was reasonably priced for all of the extras (we have a AAA card so we received a discount, also). The room was outstanding. Clean and comfortable. The only complaint we had was that the AC stopped working or never quite worked but we didn't realize the problem until 3am when the room was HOT (they took $20 off of the bill when we checked out).

If I had to stay in Tuscaloosa again I would not hesitate to book a room at Comfort Suites.

(While in Tuscaloosa, try Bottom Feeders BBQ. They have excellent BBQ and fried catfish!!!)

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank xtreme_thinker
Reviewed May 28, 2007

My family and I stayed here on May 26th. We didn't have a reservation because we were on our way back home from a long trip. This hotel was right off the interstate. I was encouraged because the sign on the outside said brand new. The lady at the front desk told me that it opened in January, so still fairly new. We got a king room. This was a smoke-free facility which I really liked. Our room was fairly large and looked nice. It also smelled really good. The bathroom was clean, which is a must for me with two small children. The floors on the other hand, were not. I had on white socks, and it wasn't long before they were dirty. The complimentary breakfast was a disappoinment, too. Their waffle machine was broken. They had three types of cereal, bagels, muffins, a small selection of fruit, boiled eggs, some sort of boiled meat, and juice. My husband didn't eat anything, but my son and I shared a bowl of cereal and a muffin. It just wasn't what we expected. To give this hotel credit, we had stayed at a bed and breakfast the night before and no hotel would have compared! We would probably stay at this hotel again if there wasn't another option.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank LeighCarthage
Reviewed January 27, 2007

Spent one night at the new Comfort Inn and Suites in Tuscaloosa. This property is located at 3916 McFarland Blvd, just off Interstate 59. This property sits in the driveway of the Guest Hotel.

This hotel is brand new. It offers a heated pool and jacuzzi. The rooms offer a plasma tv and are large and very comfortable. The continental breakfast is very similar to other ChoiceHotels.

Stayed: January 2007