“BETTER THAN SLEEP INN IN T TOWN BUT NEEDS ATTENTION”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We chose this property after our complete dissatisfaction with Sleep Inn on our recent visit visit
to Tuscaloosa for family matters. When we opened our room door, we were overcome with the smell of heavy, stale cigarette smoke, which really shocked us as this property is smoke free. We were immediately given another room by a very apologetic employee. Our room was clean with a nice lay out. However, the electrical outlet by the night stand came out of the wall when we tried to plug something in. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean, but the carpet is worn as is the furniture. The room also needs a full length mirror. One very odd item- the hall in the first floor indicates that the ice machine is at the far end of the hall but it is not. You have to go up to the second floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the expressway.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cbringdrvr

Reviewed January 23, 2011

Desk clerks were nice....But... Room was shabby...carpet worn, walls had chipped paint, chair upholstery dirty/torn. Bedding dirty (incl blanket w/ booger w/ imbedded hair). Mold in bathroom. Traffic noise. Breakfast was horrible (eggs and sausage prepackaged..not fresh, waffle iron did not cook properly. Fitness center minimal and shabby. Etc.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2010

we really enjoyed our stay. my son enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool and the complimentary breakfast was good too. our rooms were very expensive and I guess they are all expensive because it's game day, but when i checked prices for other game weekends on comfort suites website rather than calling, the prices were 1/3 of what i paid. overall, great stay, just hurt the pocket book.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We are scheduled to stay at Comfort Suites this Friday night (September 24). I called today (Sunday, Septermber 19) to cancel the resevation and was told that there is a SEVEN day cancellation policy. I know- I should have checked when I reserved. But, I know that the hotel is almost full and will likely fill up by friday, so I asked if we would get our money back if someone else booked the room and they said NO. So, if the hotel is full, we have to pay for the room that we cancelled 5 days before the reservation AND someone else pays. To me, this is very unethical and I will not stay in Comfort Suites again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank abeckett43
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The hotel is very nice, clean and has a great staff. The only drawback was the road noise which was a major one for me. The only rooms available when we checked in were on the side next to the interstate. The noise was terrible when trying to go to sleep. I had to use earplugs to help block out the noise. Be sure to ask for a room away from the interstate and if one isn't available I would look for other accomodations a little further down from the intersection.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2010

We stopped at the Comfort Suites on our way through Alabama. This had to have been the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Rooms were clean and very cozy! The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The hotel has many amenities that will make me stop again, indoor pool, exercise room, business center, and nice hot breakfast. Hats off to the group of people at this hotel for the hard work you do!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I stayed here last year and then again this year--mainly so that I could earn points. I wouldn't do so again, even for points. This place has clearly deteriorated over the past year. The walls were dirty, and it was clear that maintenance was not ongoing. Also, we asked at booking and at check-in to be on the side away from the highway, but we were not accommodated. Space in the suite--if one could call it that--was very cramped; one bed was less than six inches from the air conditioner and the window. The suite was about as large as a standard room at a Holiday Inn Express or a Hampton Inn; however, it cost more. Also, although the facility is non-smoking, two of the employees were smoking just outside the entrance.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple