Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is a good choice if you're on the road. Visible from Interstate, a lot of chain restaurants on the surrounding frontage roads (burgers, pancakes, steaks). I think it's typical of this chain. Rooms are certainly adequate: typical Hilton beds, fridge, microwave, etc. I happened to be there when they were finishing the upgrade of their wifi. By the time I left, it was completed. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. I had a coffee maker in my room, so not real sure what the folks who complained about "no coffee" had to face. Didn't try the restaurant, so won't comment. A bit cheaper than the two Hampton Inns in Tuscaloosa, which may be why they don't offer a complimentary breakfast. One odd note: there was no clock (and therefore no alarm) in the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
HGITuscaloosa, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear Papa_Sid,

We look very forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tuscaloosa, and cannot wait to serve you again soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Typical Hilton garden which is why you use this hotel chain. For the comparative price at other chains you usually receive some sort of breakfast included. Not here. We came back after dinner and looked for a complementary coffee but there was none. This is cheap, almost "nickel and dime" situation.

Stayed: April 2012

Dear Tom W,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience of not having coffee available in the lobby the evening of your stay. This is an amenity that we generally have available, and I am sorry that we did not have it that night. We would love the opportunity to serve you again, and have a second chance to "wow" you. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to serving you soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed here because it was close to the University of Alabama where we took our daughter for a visit. It was a very nice hotel, very clean and the front desk staff were great! We had breakfast one morning in the hotel restaurant and it was very, very good. Cooked to order eggs any way you want them and the bacon was cooked perfectly. My husband raved about the hash browns. It was pricey and the only reason we ate here was because I had a restaurant.com coupon. When I presented the coupon, the manager said that they no longer accept them...I was not a happy camper, as I would have never paid over $35 for breakfast for three people. I was polite about it but "miffed" and the manager did come over and comp our breakfast. My hubby and daugther used the exercise room both days and stated that the equipment was adequate for their needs. We liked the fact that you could get a drink in the hotel in the evening.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FunFamily04

Dear FunFamily04

Thank you so much for staying with us in Tuscaloosa, Alabama! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly! We pride ourselves on our high standards regarding cleanliness, friendliness, and attention to detail, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We are also glad that you enjoyed our cooked-to-order breakfast. The next time you stay with us, you might be interested in our Bed and Breakfast package, which includes breakfast.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Although this hotel is not in a particularly attractive part of Tuscaloosa (along the Interstate next to several other chain hotels), it is reasonably close to the University of Alabama (about 10 minutes). What I found especially outstanding was the level of service, at the front desk and in the restaurant-- very friendly and attentive. The breakfast was very good (along the lines of other Hilton Garden Inns) and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear StLouisTraveller,

Thank you for such a thoughtful, pleasent review of your recent Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa visit! I'm glad that you found our staff and service outstanding. We pride ourselves on blowing our guests away with customer service. We look to having the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I am on a week-long road trip with my family for spring break and stayed 2 nights here at the HGI in Tuscaloosa. I thought it was an excellent stay. Everyone was exceptionally friendly and we were able to walk across the parking lot to an excellent movie theater to catch a film one night and in another direction, to have excellent BBQ another night.

The room was comfortable, though I had the hotel sign glowing out the window so we had to keep the blinds shut. The hot tub is very warm. The fitness room overlooked the pool which I enjoyed. We did not eat at the in-hotel restaurant so I cannot comment on that but the breakfast was enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear Chris C,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and accomodating and our location convenient. It is also a great treat when we get to forward these comments onto our staff to let them know how well they are doing. We take every comment to heart in making each and every stay better! We hope we will have the opportuinty to serve you again in the future. Thank you again!

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I let them off easy last time I reviewed this hotel because I thought maybe they just had a bad night. But, I've now had 2 of the worst meals I've ever eaten at the restaurant in this hotel. The most recent was a pasta dish with vegetables that they served IN THE PASTA WATER. No, it was not a sauce, not a broth, but the pasta water. Terrible. Previously, I had the most horribly over cooked pork chop I've ever consumed.

The first time I stayed, the room was just a typical HGI room. Clean and comfortable. This time, they upgraded me to a suite because of my Hilton status and I really wish they hadn't. REALLY in need of a remodel. In fact, I skipped the shower because it just didn't look clean and fresh.

The staff is always really friendly, though and the lobby is nice. I'd stay again, but in a regular room. I will not, however, eat in the restaurant again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank littleamen
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We love this hotel. We have stayed several times and the experience is always the same. We are warmly greeted by the front desk, and our room is roomy, clean, and has every amenity we need. The breakfast is to die for - custom made omelet. The service in the dining area is always top-notch. There are plenty of restaurants in the area for evening meals.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple