“Not your average place”

Dining options: Reservations
Oceanside, California
“Not your average place”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

As a married guy on the road, I get way too much of sports bars and truck stops. Kozy's was a nice change. Kozy’s is a classy, upscale restaurant. Prices are maybe a little high for the area, but if you want a great dinner, superb service and a quiet table for two it is the equal of any place you can find. Entrée is $20 to $34, Large salads $7 to 9, appetizers $6 to 14. Wine by the glass $7 to $14. They have a full bar service.
Near the front is a series of two person booths, rustic farmhouse wood and the walls covered with black and white Hollywood press shots. Light just enough to read a menu or see your food. The bar has several seats with larger tables in the back. I had a glass of wine, Caesar Salad, 16 oz rib eye with a red wine mushroom demi-glace, & fried okra and red potatoes. After that was a large crème brulee, Frangelico and decaf. $65. I did notice that they didn't offer me any bread. Maybe you have to ask? That moved my rating from 5 to 4. Sorry about that. Service otherwise was excellent, they wait on you quickly but don't hover. My steak was big and cooked just right, music was low saxophone jazz. A great place to take a wife or a lover. Very sorry I was alone this trip :-(

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank JMcEwen

Alabama
“Best little food house in T'Town”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Yes, it's expensive. My husband and I go every year on our anniversary so it's a special treat to ourselves. We never fail to have delicious food and great service. The ambience is romantic - low lights and jazz playing. Good martini and wine list. Love the white chocolate bread pudding dessert.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank DixieChickTravels
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Tiny portions, HUGE bill!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We went here for a special Valentine's meal. When we left, we stopped at McDonald's to get more for my husband to eat, and I ate a bowl of cereal when I got home. We were sick to our stomachs at what we had paid for this very over-rated meal.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank BamaFamily5
Tuscaloosa Al
“Overpriced for Only Average Dining Experience”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I keep going back giving it another chance to live up to the "Tuscaloosa Favorite" I've heard from friends in town who enjoy Kozy's. The wait staff is polite but borders on creepy with their out there elitist attitude. We weren't happy to find they ran out of bread at 7:30 on a Thursday night. Paying $7 for a side salad and seeing it sitting there all alone on the unlit table since in addition to bread they also ran out of fuel for the candles was not a good thing. Dinner for 2 with a cocktail for each, no apps, no dessert before tip was $105. Steak was tasty, crab cakes over processed with a texture of fried oatmeal, like something frozen from Costco. So we paid for fine dining again and had just an average dinner. Atmosphere is okay but neither of us think it's a place we're dying to go back to.

• Visited June 2012
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“An All Time Favorite”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Okay, if you want loud music, blaring televisions, downtown bars next door, and fast food, Kozy's is not for you. If you like a cozy traditional food with consistently good food and service then you probably will enjoy this place. I've never been displeased with a meal at Kozy's.

1 Thank rrhone8