“Best Stay in Years!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Best Stay in Years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Great facility and location. Spacious breakfast area. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Cookies in afternoon. Best of all....great showerheads, which is a personal pet peeve of mine. Very close to Mall, restaurants and University of Alabama campus. Book early for sporting events.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
lizobradovich, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Tuscaloosa-University, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Opelika, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This location was not the best of the Holiday Inn Express family in terms of service, but still a very good place to stay. When I checked in the two front desk clerks ignored me and then the lady just looked at me when I told her I needed to check in. I was not recognized as a Gold member like I usually am. I used the front desk clerks once more during my stay and again I felt as if I was bothering them. The rooms while small were clean and comfortable. The one nice feature at this hotel was the light above the shower in the bathroom. This has been my complaint in several other hotels. The pillows needed to be replaced. The breakfast was very good. Loved the breakfast and business area of the hotel. Service was my main reasoning for the average rating. I would recommend this location to others.

Room Tip: Room 104 was by back door. Great for loading and unloading, but can get a little noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscaloosa-University, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear cartemd,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards Gold member and for taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad you liked our breakfast options and our Business Center. Please accept my apologies for the service you received. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Tuscaloosa, AL.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in March so we could attend an event on UA campus. Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was also very good. Located directly across from University Mall the location was very convient. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank autismx2mom
We look forward to your staying with us in the future. We value your comments and have shared them with our staff. Thank you.
Douglas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

When in the Tuscaloosa AL area I always stay here. The hotel is convient to both shopping and dining. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful.
The rooms are alway nice and comfortable.
Sometimes I have a meal in the morning in the breakfast area and when I do the food is always great.
This hotel should be on anyones list of places to stay when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
I appreciate your comments about our hotel. Thank you for being our guest and I hope you will return to stay with us in the future.
Dawsonville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time on a business trip and I was very happy with the service, cleanliness of the hotel and the location. There is a mall nearby with restaurants. The hotel is very average for a Holiday Inn Express with the rooms very average. The room was very clean and the one I reserved. I will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gerry386
lizobradovich, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Tuscaloosa-University, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tuscaloosa-University. We appreciate your comments and hope that when you travels bring you back to town that you will be staying with us! I look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Liz Obradovich
Owner/GM
Mobile, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had a great experience. Only stayed one night but will definitely go back. Located close to the UA campus, it was convenient to many stores. Hotel was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy N
Thank you for being our guest and staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tuscaloosa-University. We strive to exceed all our guests expectations and hope that we will be their choice hotel when staying in Tuscaloosa. Your comments have been shared with our staff and we hope to see you again soon.

Liz Obradovich
GM/Owner
Hartselle, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed here for a conference Bad weather in the area forced us to begin the meeting in the hotel. The staff was super and so flexible. My room was possibly the cleanest room I have ever stayed in. Will return when in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Robbie S
I appreciate your comments about your stay. In the future, I hope that we will continue to be your hotel of choice.