“Awesome food”

Good for: Kids, Families with children
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

A couple of days ago I had a lot to do and couldnt decide what to eat so I went to Los Tarascos and wasn't disappointed, their Taco salad was so delicious. And then they had some Mexican sodas that were so good. I just can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Peterapple

Eutaw, Alabama
“By far the best Mexican food and wonderful margaritas in this area”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I found this place several years ago. We come to Tuscaloosa a couple times a month. Most often we find ourselves eating here. The location will not whow you, but don't let that get in the way of your experience. We usually eat in the back room where the sports bar is located. The service is always excellent. The margaritas according to my wife are the best she has ever had. They are the point of comparison to all others. The menue is extensive and I haven't had a meal that I wouldn't have again. Also there have been times when our waiter has recommended something not on the menue...what a treat that has been. And, I can assure you that you will not leave still hungry, and the cost is most reasonable.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank griess44
“The best tasting Mexican food in Tuscaloosa!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at Mexican restaurants all over the united states, including every Mexican place in Tuscaloosa. The food is great, especially the chicken quesadillias and steak fajitas. I do not like the ground beef at any Mexican restaurant including this one. The location is somewhat sketchy as there are rough looking people in the area. The drinks are great and reasonably priced. They have large portions of food for the price.

1 Thank 357traveller
Clifton, Texas
“Definitely A Bad Choice”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Los Tarascos is definitely a bad choice when it comes to Mexican food in Tuscaloosa, AL (or perhaps anywhere along or South of the Mason-Dixon Line). Although this restaurant has received some good reviews from other Trip Advisor diners and was even recommended by the front desk clerk at the hotel where I stayed, the quality of the food by no means resembled the positive reviews that have been posted and/or offered.
My wife's order of beef and chicken fajitas was poorly prepared.

The beef was stringy and dry. The chicken was well seasoned but was not served sizzling hot as one expects with a fajita entree. The refried beans had little to no seasoning and the rice was equally bland. The Chihuahuan enchiladas (tomatillo sauce - tomate verde) were tepid upon arrival and buried beneath a pile of lettuce. The refried beans and rice accompanying this entrée were quite bland as previously mentioned.

I would recommend avoiding Los Tarascos if you are seeking well-prepared and flavorful Mexican cuisine.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank tltalbert
TUSCALOOSA
“I usually get take-out”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I like the food, but it's not always consistent in quality. Their salsa is fabulous, though!

Visited May 2012