Howard Johnson by Wyndham University of Alabama Tuscaloosa
Hotel Capstone(Tuscaloosa)
$109
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$84
$103
ComfortSuites
$72
$64
Centerstone Inn & Suites(Tuscaloosa)(Great Value!)
$75
$65
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

Best Western University Inn(Tuscaloosa)(Great Value!)
$119
$110
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We found this hotel online at Book.com which had some good reviews and considered as a 3 Star which is UNBELIEVABLE!! I am writing this review at check- out due to my utmost disgust with this hotel. We came to the HOWARD JOHNSON of Tuscaloosa, AL (Skyland Blvd) for a funeral in the area and staying here made our visit extremely unpleasant. First, we booked this as a King size non-smoking room but they stated when we arrived that they were out. So, we requested our money back and they wouldn’t refund us. The receptionist (Danielle) had to call the manager, who never appeared, for a King smoking which we settled for but did not want. The receptionist could see that I am seriously disabled and she did not have the common sense to tell us that they did not have elevators and I would have to use the stairs which was impossible for me. So, after coming back to her to explain this, she gave us a double non-smoking which was filthy as hell. We did not notice this until after we got through visiting our families late that night who were also in the area for the funeral. This was the condition of the room and staff: Receptionist was very unprofessional and did not know how to treat all or certain guest with dignity and respect: Used dirty towels in the bathroom, blood or lipstick on the pillow cases, one bed has a sink hole and room was not clean. So, basically we ended up with a single room for the same price. We normally look around rooms but due to our reasoning for being in Tuscaloosa we were rushing and did not expect this from a so called 3 Star hotel. We contacted their corporate office (Wyndham Hotel) who stated that they would look into this matter. Finally, Wyndham Hotels, you should be embarrassed for having this particular Howard Johnson and its employees (Manager and Danielle) represent your corporation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David65_13
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on February 26th - March 1st. I choose the hotel after reading the reviews and did not notice any reviews regarding bed bugs or any horrible recent reviews. I woke up on my second night with 9 red spots all over my body. I switched rooms on the 3rd night, if I had not already paid in full for the week I would have relocated to another hotel. The front desk clerk was very helpful in my switch, but now I'm dealing with the itching from the bites I received during my stay. I did not receive any new bites after my switch, but I will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nycssmith
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed here for the UA/AU game 11/23-11/25 and everything was good. Nothing overly impressive but nothing wrong either. The staff at check in and check out were both friendly and the room was clean. The breakfast was your average continental items (doughnuts, bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, juice, milk, and coffee). We will stay here again depending on the price for the weekend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel is in need of some upkeep (i.e. paint and caulk), but it is overall very clean. The rooms were a good size and the bathrrom bigger than expected. The breakfast was Ok for free. didn't eat there but they had fresh fruit, muffins, bread and bagels. Stayed friday and Saturday nights, and overall it was a good stay. For the price you can't beat it! Especially during football seacon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family