“Perfect Saturday Brunch Spot” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Dessert in Tuscaloosa
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Perfect Saturday Brunch Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Edgar's just came to Tuscaloosa after its success with three locations in Birmingham. It has been packed since it opened. I went a month ago to get take-away goodies for a friend who had surgery. Although the line was extremely long, the manager saw three other patrons and I needed quicker service and started a new line for take-out service. I had to will myself not to buy any of the luscious baked goodness for myself which is on full display as one waits in the line. Then my husband and I went on a Saturday around 11:30 after a workout. One places an order in line, sits down at a table, and the food is brought after several minutes. It was not extremely busy and despite being in sweaty workout clothes, I didn't feel out of place. But the people who were more formally dressed didn't look out of place either. The food was amazing. My husband had an omelette he said was one of the best he'd ever had. We are in our fifties and have traveled all over the US so we've had many omelets. I had an open faced portebello mushroom sandwich. The 'bello had been marinated in a balsamic sweet sauce. It was uncomplicated and delicious. We have also had patients of ours bring Edgar's pastries to our office as a thank you gift. Every pastry is well-crafted and delicious. It's certainly pricier than homestyle breakfast places, but worth every bit. If you want more for your money, go to City Cafe or Waysider.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dallas, Texas
“Ordered birthday cake here, excellent! They serve breakfast and lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been hearing about the wonderful baked goods at Edgars (Birmingham) for years. They opened this new Edgars in Tuscaloosa a few months ago. I ordered a Strawberry birthday cake here for my daughter. I ordered it over the phone a few days prior to picking it up. The girl that took my order was extremely helpful on which size to order.
When I went to pick up the cake, I also sampled a slice of Caramel Cake. It was delicious.
The strawberry cake was absolutely beautiful, and was as delicious as it looked! My daughter was very pleased! Many people were eating lunch here, and next time we are in town we will have lunch!

• Visited July 2013