“Wonderful!”

Full Moon BBQ
Ranked #12 of 289 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Elkview, West Virginia
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have never eaten at a full Moon BBQ before and decided to step out of the box and try something new. I was delicious! I got he BBQ chicken with potato salad and beans. I loved it. The atmosphere was family friendly, good service, and great food. I would definitely eat at this restaurant again. Great start to a spring vacation!

• Visited March 2014

Elko, Nevada
“Decent BBQ”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I had always seen this place when I lived in Tuscaloosa, but I never went in until I was in grad school at Auburn. I usually made a point of coming back to visit friends in Ttown, and I finally made it to this place in mid-April of 2011. It was the weekend of the A-day game and a bunch of friends and I were meeting up to visit for the weekend. We decided to meet here and had dinner. You go through a line to order and then sit down and wait for it to be brought out to you. I have to say, it's pretty decent BBQ. I just had a normal pulled pork plate with slaw, baked beans, and toast, and I was quite satisfied. Looking back now, I'm very glad I was able to get in there when I did since one week later, an EF4 tornado destroyed the original location. Since then it's been rebuilt in a new location on 15th Street and appears to be doing well.

• Visited March 2013
Mooresville, NC USA
“Good, local AL BBQ”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stumbled upon Full Moon when recruiting at University of Alabama. It's about the size of a large fast food restaurant. You go through the line to order, like fast food and then they deliver the food to your table. I had a (beef) brisket sandwich with fried green tomatoes and mac and cheese. I liked the tangy sauce, but the brisket was a little bit fatty. The fried green tomatoes were some of the best I've had, but the mac and cheese was average.

Nice atmosphere with big screen TV's. I'll give it another try next time I'm in town, as there are a lot of tempting items on the extensive menu. I'd like to be able to upgrade my review to 4 stars, because I like this place.

• Visited January 2014
“Love the pulled chicken!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We love Full Moon's healthy pulled chicken. We favor the chicken but will occasionally choose turkey. We order one pound of takeout and make sandwiches or salads at home. The chowchow is really good, and I have started buying it by the pint jar so that we have plenty. I like their sauce, but my husband prefers a spicier sauce. No problem when you get takeout! I have stopped buying their slaw as it is too sweet for our tastes, but I appreciate the fact that it is not a mayonnaise-based slaw.

Visited January 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
“Disappointed over all”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We usually stop at Full Moon in Birmingham while travelling thru and have enjoyed their pulled pork sandwiches, end sandwich & deserts. We stopped in Tuscaloosa last night and decided we would try other eat in items. My husband had 4 ribs. Says 1st 3 were OK , The 4 the was so fatty it should not have ever left the kitchen .Large portions on sides, but cabbage was too salty and potato salad looked as if it had just come off the Sysco truckHe says sauce. Was too sweet

• Visited July 2013