“Excellent Cafe adverting local chefs local food”
Review of T-Town Cafe

T-Town Cafe
Ranked #55 of 329 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: American
Description: Close to University of Alabama campus
Description: Close to University of Alabama campus
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

I thought this place was great. I had boneless pork chop and it was yummy. You order food at counter and they bring it out to your table. There was lunch crowd of locals since they knew food is good.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed May 4, 2018

A positive of the place is that when ordering your food you can decide on if you want a meal with one or two sides. I love the mac n cheese here and any time I go I would always pick that as one of my sides. With your meals, you have an option of either hushpuppy, corn bread, and cheese bread (Kind of like red lobster biscuit). You are given a number and a server will bring the food to you. There is seating outside which can have walls brought down if needed due to the weather. I never had a problem with the cafe out of the three times I have gone in the last year and I will defiantly go back again.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed January 28, 2018

My husband and I visited this restaurant for the first time on a Sunday. When we arrived there was a long line but we thought this was a good sign that this must be a great place to eat. Well the food was good but the service was terrible. We waited for about 30-45 minutes on our food. Let me say that we did not order anything that had to be cooked like a hamburger or sandwich. We ordered two plates from their usual meat and 3 menu. My order was brought to the table first. The waitress said that she would go check on my husband's order. Well she never came back to the table to give us an update on his order (keep in mind both orders were on the same ticket). After about a ten minute wait my husband went back to the cashier to check on his food. It finally arrived but by that time I had almost finished eating. Their system for filling orders needs to be changed. People who come in together wish to eat at the same time. Not only were people not being served in a timely manner but I watched people walk in and bus their own tables. No matter how good the food is, if you can't get the food on the table in a timely manner, people will not come back. The manager did refund my husband's meal and apologized. However, we will never go back on a Sunday!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

This is not a fancy place, but what they do, they do excellently. I had the fried catfish, collard greens, and fried okra. Everything was stupendous, and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in Tuscaloosa

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank casualdiner90
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

My favorite place to go for vegetables at lunch. The home cooking is wonderful and the staff are super nice!

Date of visit: October 2017