“A-day lunch ”

Shrimp Basket
Ranked #42 of 289 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our menu encompasses a great variety of original seafood and local favorites. Ranging from shrimp, fish, crab claws, and crawfish, we also provide po-boys, chicken, and sandwiches for land lovers. Don't forget about our specialty Roasted Red Pepper Bama Sauce over Fettuccine pasta! The goal at the Shrimp Basket is to provide enjoyable, affordable service to each and every one of our guests at whichever restaurant they choose to dine in. This is accomplished by our professional and well-trained staff working together to ensure that your memories are the best that they can be at the Shrimp Basket. It is no surprise that our popularity has magnified among locals and tourists alike as we continue to expand along the Gulf Coast. We are grillin', steamin', and fryin' for you!
“A-day lunch ”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Great food, friendly service on a super busy day, everything was just as good as the gulf shores restaurant location , will visit again !!

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Good food, slow service”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I've eaten at the Shrimp Basket in Tuscaloosa four times. I've tried the fried shrimp and catfish fillets. Both were very good. I really enjoy the catfish fillets. Each time I had the all you could eat special. Each time the service was very slow. I obviously like the food enough to return, but don't go that often because of the time it takes to get in and out. There is not much of an atmosphere. However, if you want some good catfish and have the time, check it out.

• Visited March 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Wonderful seafood”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great variety of seafood cooked three ways. I feel like I'm at the beach without the drive. Even the casual atmosphere is beachy!
Staff has always been super friendly and attentive.

Visited February 2014
Sugarcreek, Ohio
“Shrimp Basket”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Loved the place. My son is interning at the University of Alabama (we are from Ohio) and plan to go there anytime we are in a Tuscaloosa.

• Visited January 2014
Prattville, Alabama
“Over one hour.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Service was terrible water over a hour for food and when we got it was cold. The manager was walking around wearing what looked like a nightee on and half her a## hanging out when she bent over. This is not Hotters. Glad no kids werein there. I have been to all the other resterants in the gulf area and never got bad service. Will never eat here again. Very bad service and if it had my name on the building I would change thing around there are get someone else to run it wright.

• Visited October 2013