“Jimmy's Review”

Rama Jama
Ranked #13 of 298 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Rama Jama is a small, quaint little restaurant ajacent to Bryany Denny Stadium. It is an old gas station now being used as a small restaurant. They serve an excellent breakfast and also Hamburgers and other sandwiches. The food is very good. Try their fries banana pudding pie.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

This little jem is next to Bryant Denny Stadium. The owner looks a lot like Coach Saban, so don't be fooled when you see him. But if you truly want the Roll Tide experience then this is a must stop.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stopped by Tuscaloosa to see the campus and stadium on our way through Alabama. We were please that we stopped in Rama Jama for lunch before heading out. This place is stuffed with Bama memorabilia and has a really fun atmosphere. I ordered the champion burger and did not finish that monstrosity, guess I'm not a champion...

1  Thank Nate E
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We had breakfast here after loading up our child's dorm room. It has a great atmosphere (Roll Tide!), but the food is just average. It's crowded and people were having to clean their own tables. I can only imagine what it's like after a football game.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We ended up at the Rama Jama for breakfast during graduation weekend with a party of 10. The place is just awesome as it is right by the stadium and filled with memorabilia from University of Alabama. The place was packed but we were able to find a table. We were warned when we placed our order it would be 20-30 minutes before food, which I thought was very courteous. The menu is big and has lots of choices for everyone. I got the special breakfast with 2 eggs, bacon and 2 pancakes. It did take some time for food to come out, but we had been warned. The food when it did arrive was absolutely great breakfast food--pancakes were crispier on the outside, which I liked. The bacon was very good. One of our party go the BLT--it had 15 slices of bacon and he loved it! My boyfriend and I shared a side of grits and they were very good. Everyone enjoyed their breakfast, the only downside was that they ran out of biscuits and told us it would be another 20 minutes before they were done so some of our orders had to be changed around, which was disappointing (i.e. rather than an egg biscuit sandwich they put on just bread). Overall, very tasty and fun atmosphere.