“Great Sandwhich!!”

Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #21 of 286 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Recently opened. Franchise new to the city.
Austin, Texas
“Great Sandwhich!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had their brisket sandwhiches and they were delicious. Being from Texas I am a bit of a BBQ snob and I was very impressed with their meat and BBQ sauce. I would go here again!!

Visited August 2012

Cottondale, Alabama, United States
“Not as good as the one in Hoover”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

OK we went there the first week of July right after they opened up. I am sure they got to work out a lot of problems with the staff, the cooks and the place.

The food is ok, not good not bad, just ok. This is disappointing as we used to drive to the Hoover location to eat. This place gives a bad name the the franchise.

The parking around this building is terrible, I don't know who drew the lines but if your in a Dodge 1500 or bigger your out of luck getting a parking space to fit your truck.

Second they took an old beat up building that used to be a car dealers work bay and converted the building. The main problem is that it has a 20 foot ceiling, and sound caries so it is so loud in there you get an instant headache.

Like I said this was like the first or second week they were open. Service or the lack of service was a problem.

I will give it till the end of august and go back and do another review.

Right now I would rather drive 45 minutes to go to Hoover Alabama and eat at that one instead of the one in Tuscaloosa.

Visited July 2012
“Good food but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Jim & Nick's has been open for about a month and a half to two months at this point so the initial rush of people to try it has subsided which makes the wait a little more bearable. I've had the Bar-B-Q pork and chicken and this point and I think the pork is much better. The sides have all been very good and the biscuits are to die for!

The prices are kind of high in my opinion for Bar-B-Q. A typical sandwich plate (with 1 side) is $8.99 while a pulled pork plate (with 2 sides) is around $12.99.

Out of the 3 times we've eaten here, we've only had one good experience with the wait staff though. The first time I'm not sure the guy had ever waited tables before and would forget everything that we ordered or asked for. The second time was fine and then the third time was the worst. The waitress for our third time decided to pay more attention to the table with 8 people instead of our 3 top right beside it.

I will probably give it one more chance but if the experience doesn't improve, I won't go back because there are plenty of other (and better) Bar-B-Q places in town that are cheaper.

Visited June 2012