“Bad experience”

Cuisines: American
Alabama
“Bad experience”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Black Friday shopping wasn't as bad as my lunch at Applebee's. After 5 of 6 at my table was served I was left waiting about 15 minutes. Finally the waitress came by to check on us and I asked about my order. She said " oh i'm sorry" and ran to the kitchen. A minute later she brought my smoking plate out, literally smoking. It set the smoke detectors off in the place. A couple minutes later she came back and I asked her about the burned onions, mushrooms, and potatoes. First she said that they had just been put on the plate, then she blamed it on the kitchen staff, then sent a manager over to stand over my shoulder while I ate what was salvagable. Too many good restaurants in T-town to eat here. Like Nick Saban said after losing to Auburn in 2010 "NEVER AGAIN".

• Visited November 2012

Fayetteville, NC
“Healthy eating on the road.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I were travelling and were directed to this restaurant by the hotel clerk as it was convenient to our hotel. Our waiter, Tori was very friendly and provided good service. We try to eat as healthy as possible so both my husband and I ordered from the Weight Watchers portion of the menu. He had steak, I had chicken. Both dishes were delicious and filling but we did not feel "overstuffed". The manager came to our table to make sure everything was OK. The ambiance was good, lighting was dim and there were no children in the place so it was quiet. It was a relaxing place with good food which is what we needed after a long day on the road.

• Visited September 2012
Cottondale, Alabama, United States
“It is applesbees”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The new menu just really leaves a lot to be liked.

San Diego
“Go somewhere else”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Dropping off my daughter at UA and ate here one night. What they brought out didn't remotely resemble the picture in the menu. Chicken was overdone. My wife said her meal was just OK. The Applebee's we go to in SoCal is so much better but we don't often go as there are a lot of better alternatives. But when you are a stranger in town and the local joints listed in tripadvisors all shut down by late afternoon on Sunday in Tuscaloosa, you are stuck with whatever is open.

We went next door to Sonic for a large shake to wipe out the disappointment from the meal at Applebees.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank old_fogeySanDiego
Redding, California
“Poor Management”
Reviewed February 2, 2008

Ordered by phone for take-away...got to the restaurant to pick it up and gave them Applebee's gift cards, the manager said 'oh, our machine isn't working, I can't accept them.' 'They were supposed to tell you that when you made the order' NO concern, no care. I let him know that I would not have come except I had the card, he didn't care. No customer service, no real apology.

Gave the food, no discounts, nothing. Did not give utensils so when I got back to the hotel I had steaks with no fork or knife.

It was the manager's first week as a manager ... not a good start.

Oh, the steak wasn't good.

We asked for the 1.99 bacon and bleu cheese sause on the steak, it was dry and no bleu cheese - very bad. The medium was rare for my pregnant wife, the medium well was very well done.

2 Thank InternationalCare