“A Tuscaloosa classic”
Review of Taco Casa

Taco Casa
Ranked #70 of 305 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Description: Quality, great-tasting fast food Mexican restaurant that has been a favorite of Tuscaloosa's since it opened in 1974. Voted "Best Sweet Tea" for 3 years in a row and voted back to back "Best Tuscaloosa Restaurant" in a recent competition. Come find us at one of our 6 area locations "Under the Biggest Cactus in Town"
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

If you are in Tuscaloosa, go to Taco Casa.

Taco Casa is its own genre of food in my mind. While it is Mexican food, it somehow feels different, but that is a good thing.

Whenever I leave Tuscaloosa for an extended period of time, Taco Casa is always on the list when I return.

The only thing that keeps me from giving Taco Casa five stars, is the fact that the drive through occasionally messes my order up.

1  Thank Matt M

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I feel weird reviewing fast food, but we were impressed. We came here right before close (which is never a good time for fresh food) but still enjoyed our meal. Large slices of REAL, fresh tomato on tacos and the white cheese/beef dip that comes with the nachoes was super. My husband and I were stuffed for less than $10 and didn't feel crummy like you do after taco bell.

1  Thank AmandaNomad
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was in town on business and decided to try this local chain based on TA reviews. It is fast food but it was much better than Taco Bell. My lunch was pretty good and the prices very reasonable. I will definitely visit again when in the area.

1  Thank gatdaddy3
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Never heard of this place before, but I'm glad I stumbled upon it. Yes, this is a fast food place, but the Taco's taste as good as any I have ever had. Sweet Ice Tea was to die for! I will be back.

1  Thank Wade B
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Alwaya great tacos. Love the enchiladas and taco salad. Rest of menu questionable. My kids ask for their sweet tea. Been out of town lately and came home craving it! Building on 15th street rebuilt after tornado 2011 and nice and clean.

1  Thank ALcleo