Motel 6 Tuscaloosa
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites(Tuscaloosa)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Watch out for Motel 6 in Tuscaloosa Travelers!!!! Extremly rude and unprofessional staff!!!! Very unpleasent stay !

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank AshaAlabama
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I stayed at this hotel this past Saturday night with a friend. It was the most moderately priced we could find in the area because of a football game that was going on. We checked in after the game was over, and got a room with 2 double beds for $45.99 + tax. Check in was easy, but the lady at the front desk had an awful cough! Gross! But she did use hand sanitizer in open view, so I guess that counts for something? The room was small, with 2 queen beds. One bed was right up against the ac/unit which was awkward. The bathroom was small, and only had a shower. There was no bath mat, and only 2 bars of the cheap soap that makes you dry and itchy. I did see alot of stray hairs that were not mine or my friends in the shower, sink and on the floor and toilet. Again...GROSS! The bed linens looked clean, but I dare not look at them under one of those infrared beam thingy's. I am sure I would have ran out screaming! I brought my own pillows and blanket anyway. There were hardwood flooring instead of carpet, which is good...but also allows you to see the debris very clearly on the floor! If you just need a place to sleep or shower for cheap, this is the spot. I would not recommend this for families. Hopefully, I wont have to ever stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Monique_Wood
Reviewed July 24, 2009

I chose to stay at the MOTEL 6 because it was cheaper than the SUPER 8. I slept on top of the covers with my own blanket and was biten by a bug that was on the spread. I also refused to take a shower. The shower was one of those circle stand alone showers that they are now installing for the elderly to take a shower. I just couldn't figure out how not to make a mess in such an enclosed area. The shower curtain also looked like it was removed from the trash.

PROS: The room was nice and clean. The furniture was new. The bathroom had marble countertops.

CONS: Small, oddly shaped shower. Bed bugs.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank beachtraveller2009
Reviewed October 21, 2008

This was the worst experience I have ever had in a motel. The room was infested with medium to baby size roaches. I stopped killing and counting them after 15. The sheets were nasty on the beds, one even had perfect little dirty feet prints like a child had been jumping on the bed. I went to the office to complain about the roaches and dirty sheets and was told no other rooms were available. They did not even bother to come down and at least change the dirty sheets. It was late and all hotels in the area were full as it was a UA football weekend, so we could not find anywhere else to stay. I sat up all night in my clothes, watching roaches crawl across the floor and walls, no exageration! we were going to sleep in our car but there were some shady looking characters hanging out in the parking lot so we couldn't even do that. Next morning I again complain to the office and the clerk just nodded her head like nothing new and that was it.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Bushed99
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Unpleasant stay due to rude, unprofessional staff and poor service. Room sparse and small but acceptable. (No carpet, by the way, which is less pleasant but maybe cleaner.) Two adults, two children, one bath towel. Arrived about 8:00 pm, requested more towels please. We were told there were no more towels, had to wait for manager (no towels on premises? are they locked up like treasure?) The motel is nowhere near full, even if it was don't they have extra towels? Clerk said she would bring towels shortly, never showed up. No problem.

Next morning, went to front desk and very politely requested a couple more towels. I was fussed at rudely by the front desk clerk, again was told there are NO towels! She treated me as if I were being rude and unreasonable, which I wasn't. She said housekeeper would bring some at 10:00 (in two hours). Husband calls her, irate by this point, she cusses him and says we're not getting any towels at all now! Geez. We took showers sharing the one towel, with no bath mat. At least there was soap.

Anyway, about all a Motel 6 gives you in the way of amenities is a phone and towels, so they were sorely lacking in that department, and the service was not only unhelpful but rude, unpleasant, and unprofessional. The housekeeper may have been nice, we never got to meet her as we were prohibited from receipt of towels! In retrospect it's comical, but I wouldn't stay here again. We strongly recommend that you spend your money elsewhere, on one of the many other moderately priced motels at this exit.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family