“I Recommend This Hotel.”
Review of Motel 6 Tuscaloosa

Motel 6 Tuscaloosa
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Clean, safe, quiet, professional and courteous staff. Great basic accomodations, I'll definitely stay there again. The bad reviews must be from people who expect to pay $45 for a Ritz Carlton room. No bugs, no noise, cold air, comfortable bed, everything worked.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bertthree
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Tuscaloosa

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Walked in and turned right around and demanded a refund. Bedspread was off a 6 year old boy's bed with cartoon rockets and animals; toilet seat was broken; cheap laminate flooring (no carpeting); no tub, only a makeshift shower, no microwave or fridge, and the room smelled of mold. STAY AWAY!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Project HIghway C
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had the worst night of my life here. I accidently parked in the managers space and he calles my room at 12:00 and yelled at my wife i will never go back.The rooms were dirty,no towels were in the restroom,the sheets were stained and the lock got stuck and we were locked out in the cold.The security guard couldnt help us and acted as if he didnt have a clue.Im 65 my wifes 70 and we had to move in the cold that night.I will spend more money for a better room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 213BOSS
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Booked room thru booking.com for 2-night stay for the Bama-Tenn game Oct 2013. We paid for 2 nights when we checked in on Friday. After we returned from the game on Saturday someone was in our room. I went to the front desk and they said that I only had 1 night stay. They place my items in garbage bags and dropped them in the front office. We had to leave to go home because of no other rooms in the area. We live 250 miles from Tuscaloosa. Called Motel 6 customer relations number and they said that my reservations were indeed for 2 days. Do yourself a favor never stay at this motel. Plus to boot the room was terrible. They forgot to leave the light on!!!!!!! Terrible place!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank zatyjesa
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were just passing through and needed to stop for the night. Got in late and we were tired. The front desk was nice... friendly only after I was toward them first. They are definitely "on guard" with their attitudes/opinions of guests. Paid just under fifty bucks. Room smelled like smoke, they offered to spray, but I asked for another room instead. No problem, no hassle there. Some nut case was speeding around in the parking lot and almost hit me and later almost hit my car. Told a staff that was walking in the parking lot (and actually saw him speeding around) and she didn't seem to know what to do about it or care, gal just said, "oh wow." I thought maybe she knew who or about the guy... he had gone in and out of the front office several times. The guy she was meeting in the parking lot knocked on my door and when I answered said he had the wrong room and apologized. I have no idea what that was about. There are no carpets in the rooms, only vinyl floors, which is probably a good thing, except that it curls up at the edges, especially in the bathroom. Hard bed, up against window & a/c, you have to crawl in from the end. Other bed is up against the wall with a foot between the two beds. Sheets were clean, but there was a beetle in our sheets... chocked it up to being in the south. We were too tired to care. Shower was okay, there was hot water. It's a stand up corner round shower stall, not much room. Towels clean, but needed to ask for more since we had more than two people. TV worked okay, limited cable. There was a lot of noise around the hotel and in the parking lot until very late and then again very early in the morning. Lots of cars in and out and lots of traffic noise. I would recommend ear plugs. There's a nice remodeled McDonald's directly across the street. It's right on the highway so easy to get to and leave. I would not stay here again unless I really was in a bind. It's not worth the money and there's no way I would spend any more than 50-60 dollars on this place. But, if I had to, it's a good enough place to crash for the night and get a decent shower before getting back on the road.

Room Tip: I would request a room away from the front parking lot and highway for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank listinak
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear listinak,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The odor conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My young son and I planned to spend 2 nights here but checked out a day early because it was so bad. Both our mattresses literally had springs poking in our ribs and back all night. The bed was broken and every time I would move, I thought the whole bed was about to collapse. The power went off at 4am which caused mass chaos with people slamming doors. Due to no air and the outside noise, I was awake until the power came back on an hour and a half later. There was pubic hair on the toilet seat when we arrived and it was obvious the floors had not been cleaned in some time. No bath tub to bathe my child in, just a tiny, grimy standup shower. One of the beds is right up against the a/c unit since the room is so small. Couldn't even get a local channel on the TV. The front desk just said "Sorry" and still charged me almost $100 for the night. They also gave me a shady looking receipt with my rate listed as $0, but still charging me over $90. I have worked in hospitality and have come to know other budget brands standards and I am shocked that Motel 6's Corporate allows this property to keep giving their brand a bad name and image.

Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank shoe_gal25

Dear shoe_gal,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and maintenance conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped for a late night stay after a football game. The lady told us her machine was down and it was cash only so we left to go to the atm and paid 104.95 for a room. We received no reciept. When we checked put our reciept said the total was 65.34.. the lady the night before had pocketed the cash and the management basically told us we were lying and sent us on our way with no refund. We are in deliberations with the corporate offices now. Do not stay here

• Stayed: September 2013