“Average”
Review of Super 8 Tuscaloosa

Super 8 Tuscaloosa
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed March 10, 2014

No Internet access. The interstate is right there, so it's a little loud. Breakfast space is small. Clean

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Angie C, General Manager at Super 8 Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for your response to your recent stay with us. Feedback like yours is always valuable and appreciated so we can ensure we are able improve in areas that need them. We have twenty-four hour technical support for our wi-fi in case of difficulties. Our front desk staff would have been most happy to help you in logging-in. I am pleased that you found our establishment clean as that is what we strive for in our business.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Super 8 in Tuscaloosa, AL. We were greeted by a friendly and helpful desk clerk, and he our check-in/check-out so EASY! Thanks!:)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Angie C, Manager at Super 8 Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and experience our friendly service. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Tuscaloosa.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Angie C, Manager at Super 8 Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms and the beds were great. We couldn't beat the price for the quality of the stay. We liked it so much we came back to stay a second night. The breakfast area is very small and ends at 9am so we missed the free breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013
Angie C, Manager at Super 8 Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your great review of your stay. This kind review is what motivates our staff so I will be sure to share this with them. We appreciate your business as we know you have a choice in your lodging needs and we are glad you chose us. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Convenience is the only thing going for this place. Keep driving if you have an option. Because it was Homecoming at U of A, the price for a room was over $200! A total rip-off. The air conditioning was OFF when we checked in and it took a long time for the room to cool off. Power went off about 4:30 AM and was off about an hour. Room got hot again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VickiMc1

Thank you on your response to your stay with us. I am sorry that you were not totally happy with your stay. All lodging rates are higher in town, not just our property for gameday. For your information there was a power outage in town that we had no control over. The AC's are generally left on cool but let me apologise that it was'nt so on this occassion.Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I booked through Expedia with the best price blind selection and this was considered a 2star hotel. I could not cancel the reservation, but I should have. The money I saved with the booking, I lost by having to pay for a double room. The front desk staff was rude and not very helpful or attentive. The room 106 smells like cigarettes even though I specifically asked for a smoke free room. It smelled disgusting. The toilet was not very well cleaned either. I did not talk to front desk staff due to poor initial experience. Definitely will not stay at a super8 again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ss D

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. I am disheartened that you did not experience us at our very best. I would have loved to have spoken to you personally if you had just notified me or even left a message for me. Our staff are generally very friendly as you can see from reviews left by other guests, so I am so sorry that your experience was otherwise. I will be sure to speak to our staff on this issue as a lapse in cordiality is not acceptable behaviour. You were in a non smoking room but if you were unhappy we would have gladly given you another room to your liking. I will be sure to take up the issue of cleanliness with our housekeeping. When you book through third parties, there is not much we can do in regard to changes to the reservation, as it is a prepaid reservation received from Expedia.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We loved staying here..The front desk clerk was very accommodating and knew her job..Tailor, you made our visit very pleasant and it was great having someone that spoke where we understood you and you gave us a lovely friendly smile and greeting..Will see you again next time through!

Room Tip: continental Super Start breakfast was great.. very friendly staff and Tailor was the best!! Thank yo...