“This hotel did not honor our Travelocity.com Reservation”

Americas Best Value Inn Tuscaloosa
Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Senoia
“This hotel did not honor our Travelocity.com Reservation”
Reviewed May 12, 2005

We made reservations thru Travelocity.Com for this hotel on March 20, 2005 for the University of Alabama Graduation. We printed out the confirmation and made sure to take it with us.

When we arrived we were told by the desk clerk, who seemed to be working alone that we had no room and that they did not honor any Traveocity bookings. The clerk made no attempt to find us another hotel but instead said "this is graduation weekend, you will not find a room". She turned her back to us and refused to answer any questions at all such as, "may I have the name of your owner?" "Is it privately or corporately owned"? Nothing. We were the skum of the earth and she would not be bothered by us. No appology, Nada.

After over 40 minutes on the phone with Travelocity we were told we could have a room which was over 30 miles away in the opposite direction we needed to be and that the rate was $30 extra. However, they would credit us the fee we had already paid for the booking. I responded that I felt the compensation very inadequate for the inconvenience. It didn't seems to matter to them.

Has anyone else had problems with this hotel and Travelocity? I intend to warn any and everyone I can.

• Stayed May 2005
4 Thank Mycatsmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 9, 2004

My husband and I stayed July 2004. We found it to be very clean with a nice pool. My only complaint would be the towels are not very soft, so I plan to take my own in two weeks when we go to move my son into his dorm. For the price, you can't beat it.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 28, 2003

My husband and I stayed in Room 225 during July 26-27 2003. We were attending the Dixie Major League Championship tournament in Duncanville, Alabama. This room was very unclean, smelled awful, and the "easy chair" in this room was the filthiest, most stained chair that I've ever seen and want to see. There was a large cigarette burn in the chair, along with it being terribly stained. The sheets were cheap and the entire room was just awful. The smell was almost unbearable. I would suggest that management clean the carpet and deodorize thoroughly. I would be embarrassed to let anybody stay in a room this filthy. As I was coming out of the bathroom, my husband picked up a shoe and proceeded to kill a roach that was climbing on the wall closest to the bathroom. Perhaps the management would also decide to exterminate along with the carpet cleaning. Prompt removal of the "easy chair" would be adviseable also. The reputation of this hotel would definitely be lowered if the public were to view this chair and the roach population therein. I would have spoken to management regarding a refund of our money, but the schedules for the ballgames didn't allow us the time to complain directly. Please send us a refund for this unsightly room. Thank you, Mr. & Mrs. Brown

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member