“Great Location For Games” 3 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn Tuscaloosa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 McFarland Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL 35611   |
Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Great Location For Games”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Housekeeping Beat Our Door so hard at EIGHT AM, We thought we were being broken into (we had a Do Not Disturb Sign On Our Door).
Sheets did not stay on the mattress. AC Worked Good. ABC Store Across the street, waffle house in the parking lot, and shrimp basket is in front as well.
It's what we needed for game weekend, nothing more.
A lady helped me on the phone for checkin she was above and beyond nice. The rest of the staff was nice as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheKrispyK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here like four times and it's perfect for me, my room was clean and i had a mini fridge and a microwave, cable tv, hot water and free wifi and everything worked perfect,
Friendly staff, convenient parking, room in good condition, Restaurants close by,
i did not feel unsafe. The hotel staff was very helpful and made me feel very secure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mike t
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Horrid! Ratchet!

Please please please never stay at America's Best Value Inn! It maybe a value but best it is certainly not! I was in town for the weekend getting my daughter settled in school and this was the only hotel available. I reserved 3 nights but i could only stomach 1 night. My room was horrible it looked like the remnants of murderous crime scene. The lamps were lopsided, dirty and had no bulbs. The so called sofa-bed was just an old dingy chair and ottoman.  The floor was covered with brown spots and the bathtub was covered with brown thick crud! I requested a non smoking room but front deck stated they couldn't guarantee that no one had smoked in the room. Of course when i entered the so call non smoking room it reeked of smoke and there were cigarette burns/holes on the comforter. And to top it off America's Best would not give me a refund on the remaining 2 nights.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank nuddytravel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

This was the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I am not sure what was worse the service or the rooms. My first room was absolutely horrible. When I walked in the room it had a strong smell of smoke even though it had a no smoking sign clearly posted in the door. The bathroom had dirty and hair all over the bathtub. We asked the lady to change rooms and she had an attitude. The second room was better but there was a hole in the wall. Me and my friend definately showered with our shoes on. I will not stay here again ever.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Shelbai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE! This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever seen. There was mystery goo on the walls. The towels were beige from age and the sheets were yellow with age. The carpet was so dirty it was almost black The bed was lumpy and all springs. I spent 15 minutes in this room and couldnt stay it was so filthy!

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank Colby831
al
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

Knowing this is a old hotel must be considered. rms 154 and 156 adjoin. Sink, tub, toilet, bed, furniture, refrig and microwave were clean. I do agree the carpet should be steam cleaned .(there are black spots under the sink).(this could be the old smell) Staff are very nice and helpful. free breakfast was coffee, OJ,grapefruit juice, instant oatmeal, bagle, packaged sweet cakes, apples. next door to Waffle house and seafood rest. (dont have to lose park space to eat out). plenty of parking. easy in and out from hwy. Slept well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

I've stayed here on numerous trips to Tuscaloosa. Unfortunately, the staff "DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO CLEAN. The rooms, carpet, bathtubs, etc. Are filthy, especially the bathtubs. I was afraid to get in the tub without shower shoes, and my better half used a towel to set in the tub to take her bath. .

IF someone would only "TEACH THESE PEOPLE HOW TO CLEAN", the hotel would be a good value for the money. The cleaning staff were friendly, and we watched them, it was clear, to us they DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CLEAN TUBBS/SHOWERS, etc.

The clock radio in our room would not work. We had to bother the front desk for a wake- up call each night. They had no replacement radio for the room.

My last stay, I killed a number of roaches in my room.

Our last visit, the pool was broken. We were ther for a week.

The room had no door sweep. You could see clear daylight under the door. Making this one repair would save on AC and heat bills.

There were four ICE machines, that I found, and none of them worked...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank blueeyes47150
abvituscaloosa, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking time to send us your comments regarding your stay. We got our housekeeping staff together and watched a video on "How to clean" and we are happy to say that everything now is much cleaner. We hope you will give us another try if you are in the area again.