“Masters Inn...what can I say” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Masters Inn Tuscaloosa

Masters Inn Tuscaloosa
Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Tampa
“Masters Inn...what can I say”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This place had the lowest price on a room for the Alabama football game, but that's the only thing it has going for it. Our room in the hotel was of very low quality by American standards. Old. dirty carpet. Big gaps between bathroom fixtures and the wall. An old "tube" television from 1992. Bedspreads that have probably never been cleaned. And...yes, you guessed it.....a roach. During the night we could hear the guests on the second floor walking around above us, illustrating the poor quality of the building. On the good side...if there is one...the sheets were clean and the shower had plenty of hot water. And ...oh yeah....did I mention the price was the cheapest in town. Bottom line....this is really a rough hotel. Come to Tuscaloosa Friday. Spend one night. Get up Saturday morning and go watch the game ....cheer for the Crimson Tide ...then get out of town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank tufast4bulls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We decide to take a last minute road trip for the Bama/Tennessee game. We booked this room a week before the game because it was the only hotel with rooms available. We checked a few days before the game and saw some other hotel rooms opened up at other establishments. We tried to cancel at the Masters (with over a 48 hour advance). They refused. At this point, the price for this hotel dropped $100. Upon checked in, the refused to give us the current rate. Once we got into the room, to say it was disgusting is an under statement. There was staining on the bedding and all over the carpeting including what appeared to be a puke stain next to one of the beds that was never cleaned up. There was a hole in the tile within the shower, unidentified tiny hairs in the corner of the bathroom floor and mold on the bathroom ceiling. Molding within the main room was missing and the drywall behind it was crumbling. Within 5 mins of being in the room, the lamp shade fell off the hanging lamp and we were unable to put it back on. Definitely don't expect any amenities at this place such as shampoo, coffee pot, hair dryer or any of the other common comforts offered at most places. There is a pool which was green and had trash floating in it and we had a mini fridge in our room which was all scratched and rusted. we named it the freddie kruger fridge. If we ever find ourself in this situation again, sleeping in the car would be a much better option!!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Spanish Fort, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I paid $250.00 for this dump. We had a death in the family and could not go to the ball game. Management would not refund any money. We tried to cancel 5 days in advance. I could not give my room away. Do not even for a minute consider this terrible place. While trying to transfer the room to some of my friends, I spoke to 3 people who stayed here. They called me and started laughing. Filthy and unsafe was the common theme. Sleeping in your car would be cleaner and safer. Never, Ever stay here!! Boycott this dump.

Room Tip: bring your own furniture, linens and bath fixtures.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank spiffy007
Fairfield, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

There wasn't much available when I tried to get a room for this past Football weekend, but the photos for this motel didn't look too bad. Sadly, I did not read the reviews. My room had non-working lights, a dirty bedspread with green and white sheets beneath that were not changed after my first night.

I endured three nights of sleeping in a very dirty room. They do not have any amenities--no soap, shampoo or a hair dryer. The towels were stained and rough. When I called to see if I could get any soap, the nice woman at the front desk seemed surprised that I expected amenities. I did not see a pool anywhere and have no idea what happened to it. The ac was so loud that each time is shut off I would awaken. I would never recommend this hotel. To add insult to injury, it wasn't cheap either!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here until they tear it down and rebuild.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Patricia H
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Beware Shady business practices. I booked a game weekend room months in advance for a good rate. Midnight before arrival, I was called and informed that they would not honor my rate. While I can understand new ownership and business rules, waiting until midnight before arrival is inexcusable. Weak platitudes regarding how "they tried to call me" fall flat when I got off the phone and received an email telling me the same information. Shady. Shady. Shady. Paid more not to give them my money and went elsewhere.

Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Robopiloto
Brentwood, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

DON'T DO IT - DRIVE IF YOU HAVE TO

Family weekend at Alabama,what a piece of crap this place is!

The room smells of urine and cigarets. I killed a number of bugs, the chairs in the room were so disgusting it looked like people used them for toilets. No bulbs in the lights (maybe that was a good thing). The owner told us that he was cleaning it up - obviously he has not started yet and most likely never will - what a hole. Over priced because he can- NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms _ Find another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Martin R
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed there for three weeks due to my husband and other guys working in Tuscaloosa. The owner kept charging different rates each night and week. Would tell us one price and change it the next day. Most of housekeeping had attitudes and the front desk. People would ask is if we wanted to buy drugs or other things. Can only be outside after 9 pm if go to back of hotel. I also watched the owner enter 7 rooms while people were not in them. Don't like that at all. As for the pool... the pump broke and took a week to fix and couldn't even get a discount. This place is not clean. Sheets and all were stained. Will not stay there again. Better hotels for the same price are around. We left and found a better place.

• Stayed June 2013