“Good location with easy access to downtown & campus. Need...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa

Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bloomington, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Assigned room had not been cleaned from previous guest. New room had ripped desk chair fabric, drywall patches throughout, cobwebs with insects, torn curtain, broken headboard, food scraps in micro, filthy refrigerator and only 1 towel. N/S room smelled horribly of smoke and air freshner. Room was dirty and poorly maintained.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Soxsider
tuscaloosaal, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Soxsider,

We sincerely apologize for the condition of your room. This is in no way a standard of Baymont Inns nor Wyndham properties. These pictures and your text will be printed and shared as a learning curve for the housekeeping staff.

Baymont Inn of Tuscaloosa
Ozark, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

When I drove into the parking lot I thought I had found a good deal on a room, it looked decent from the street plus free breakfast and internet all for 72 dollar. My euphoria for my great deal quickly evaporated as I checked in. The person behind the desk acted bothered that I was there to check in and taking time away from whatever it was she was doing. Afters she rushed through some instruction and information (which i still don't what she said) I had my key cards and she disappeared back to whatever it was that was more important than the guest. I found my room and as I opened the door and walked in I was taken back by the smell of stale smoke, for being a non-smoking room I was quite surprised with the smell. The room looked as if it has had quite a few repairs done to it by all the mismatched paint on the walls. The exhaust fan in the bathroom sounded like it was going to rip itself apart at any minute and the water damage on the bottom of the walls was unsightly at best. The free breakfast was not the best, I tried the biscuits and gravy and the biscuits were hard as bricks. However The bed did sleep good and the internet work really well. Next time I'm in Tuscaloosa I will not be stay at the Baymont I will pay more and stay some place else. I guess it is true you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank KevinM580
tuscaloosaal, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Kevin M,

We sincerely apologize for the condition of your room at check-in. This is not a standard of the Baymont Inn nor Wyndham. We will use your issues as a training tool for our housekeeping and maintenance staff.

Again, we greatly apologize for your stay.

Baymont Inn of Tuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Room was dirty, bathroom smelled of mildew, found a house shoe & old fast food cup in the room. There were rat traps in the cabinet, our friends actually had a rat get caught in the trap during the night! Room reeked of cigarette smoke covered with air freshener, it was supposed to be a smoke free room. we were told upon check in that there were not enough rooms, we were lucky to get one even though the reservation was made over a month in advance. the staff at checkin was rude, and at check out the girl never even got off of her cellphone, never said one word to me! Will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

1 Thank Kyleigh O
Dear Kyleigh O,

We certainly do apologize for your stay. Your issues are not what we abide by for Wyndham or Baymont Inn standards. We will research your concerns and discipline the parties involved. We will also use this stay as a training tool, so this does not happen to any other guests.

Again, please accept our deepest apologies.

Baymont Inn & Suites of Tuscaloosa