“Very Happy!”

Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Dallas, Texas
“Very Happy!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I'm writing this as my husband showers. We stopped last night. Just an overnight stop and we are very, very pleased. Nice big room with comfy king size bed. Everything very clean. Three towels and face cloths in the bathroom, not just two. I had a towel for my hair. Hubby has a clean face cloth to shave. And the towels don't scratch! The wireless connection is reliable and this hotel still has a wired connection for your laptop, if you prefer. Large, widescreen TV. Big enough to enjoy the Sunday night football game. Fridge and microwave in the room. The coffee is good and the free breakfast is above average for a hotel in this price range. I heard others in the dining area raving about the breakfast frittatas. They have Splenda, in addition to the blue stuff, and individual containers of half-and-half. I do NOT like plain milk or the powdered stuff in my coffee. The young man who was on duty when we checked in was very polite and friendly. And patient. He first gave us a room on the end of the hall, the end next to the busy street. We noticed the traffic noise as soon as we walked into the room. I went back down and asked if he had something on the other end. He didn't, but he moved us down two rooms, which was just fine. The only small complaint I might have is the comforter on the bed. It's very nice, but very heavy. Had to turn the air conditioner quite cold to sleep under it. To be honest, it's mostly my fault for not looking around last night. There's a nice blanket in the "closet" area. I should have gotten it out.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 101, 102, 201, 202, 301, and 302. That's the end next to the traffic.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review. I am confident other travellers will also appreciate the input. We look forward to having you back again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife, two young daughters and I were in town for business. We had never stayed at any hotel in Tuscaloosa. I found Country Inn on-line and took a chance. I was so glad I did. Upon entering the hotel, we felt like we were staying at a relatives house. The entrance was so inviting!!! There were cookies and coffee. The young man at the front desk was very polite and professional. We walked up a flight of carpeted stairs (wow) to get to our room. My children thought this was "cool." Our room was spacious, clean and very nice. We were totally impressed. We had a wonderful nights sleep on super comfortable beds. We went down for breakfast the next morning and found a fully stocked breakfast area. There was hot and cold food for everyone. My family loved it. The lady that was working in the breakfast area was so sweet. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone who is coming to Tuscaloosa. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris B
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were surprised by what all we had to offer you and your family. We want to surprise every guest like that! Your review will go a long way in helping others find us.

I am thankful you took a chance on us, and hope to see you again when you are back in Tuscaloosa!
Detroit
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Game weekends are really difficult for hotel accommodations in Tuscaloosa . This neighborhood gem has it all: complimentary breakfast , pool , fitness room and warm cookies at night. It is close to main roads , highways and the campus . Eateries are all around. Rooms are great and have fridge and micro.

Room Tip: Rooms on even side won't have glaring McDonald lite .
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
How very sweet of you to share your kind words with others! We truly appreciate when guests tell others about their experience. Your input will go a long way in helping others find us when seeking accomodations. We hope to see you again on the next pass through!
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for an Alabama football game. The hotel has a feeling of home when you walk in the front door. We were on the second floor so we could access our room by going up the stairs that reminded me of the stairs in my own home. There is something comforting about that! The first night the power went out in the entire building at 4:00 a.m. and I went downstairs to get some coffee and check out what was happening. I asked the person in charge (I believe his name was Chris?) if he had a flashlight. He went out to his own car and let me use his personal flashlight! Now, that is going the extra mile!!

The beds are really comfortable and the bathrooms are very clean. The breakfast was good and the lady in charge of the breakfast area was so nice and took pride in the food she presented. She was a pleasure to speak with every morning.

Overall, I was very happy with this choice. We will return!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms can be accessed by the stairs!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that enjoyed your stay despite the unexpected power outage. Your kind words will be definitely be shared with Chris and the rest of our team. We certainly hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Tuscaloosa!
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We chose this property late in the evening during our recent road trip. We were thankful to find a decent hotel with a great price & comfortable bed. The front desk clerk offered us fresh cookies & coffee upon arrival.
The staff was friendly & accommodating.
This does seem to be an older property that could benefit from a few upgrades and repairs. The main areas were not as clean as the individual room.
The free breakfast was a step above your standard hotel, serve yourself, continental breakfast. It consisted of bagels, muffins, pastries, fruit, breakfast tacos, oatmeal (with extra fixings), cereal, coffee & juice.

• Stayed September 2013
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your nice comments about the breakfast and service at the Country Inn & Suites, Tuscaloosa. We are always delighted when new visitors find us, and we hope that you visit us again soon.

I would also like to say thank you for your comments regarding our public areas. You are right. We are not the newest property in town, yet we strive to improve with every customer recommendation so that we may exceed our guests’ expectations in the future.

I certainly appreciate your review, and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Tuscaloosa!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here 3 times so far this year. Each visit has been equally good. The front of house staff are always courteous and knowledgeable.
The room was very clean and passed my husbands white glove test! The bathroom was immaculate and smelled freshly cleaned and the towels were plentiful.
The breakfast offerings are excellent and the lady who works the buffet is friendly and very efficient. This is a great place to stay whether on business or for pleasure, solo or with a family. We will return often to visit our freshman at UA.

• Stayed August 2013
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice things you mentioned in your review! I appreciate you taking the time to review us, and I'll make sure the staff here sees your kind comments. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lusby, Maryland
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was in town to move my daughter back home from college. I was booked somewhere else, but had a horrible experience there. When I called here they were so accommodating! The manager and staff went above and beyond. The hotel was very clean. I will definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience. We love meeting parents of new students and being able to welcome them back on return visits to Tuscaloosa! I certainly hope that you make us your new home away from home during your daughter's time at school.

Hope to see you again soon!