Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tuscaloosa, AL
$115
Hotels.com
$169
$129
Best Western University Inn(Tuscaloosa)(Great Value!)
$100
$169
$129
Travelocity
HIExpress.com
All reviewscookieswaffleswould stay here againmy daughterroom was cleancomplimentary breakfastrestaurants and shoppingin townbiscuits and gravystaff was friendlythe breakfast areaupon checkone night stayconvenient locationnew orleansroad tripeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were headed to New Orleans and stopped here on the 22 nd of July. We used trip advisor on our smart phone to decide where to stay. The hotel was just as described. We had a great suite that we would have liked to have stayed longer. Very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tuscaloosa, AL, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so much for commenting on your stay. I am ecstatic to hear that Tripadvisor led you to stay with us. And I am also thrilled that you enjoyed your time here!

We hope to see you again when your path leads you back to Tuscaloosa!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

When I called to book this room, my experience with the girl who answered the phone was less than pleasant and if we were not travelling with a group, I would have chosen another hotel. As it turns out, we were with a group and our room was booked under a block at group a rate, so book I did.

Luckily, once we arrive my experience was the complete opposite with everyone we came in contact with, from the front desk to the breakfast attendant, being incredibly pleasant and helpful.

The beds also were very comfortable, which is definitely not always the case in a hotel. The room was spacious and certainly more than adequate for $89 a night.

My only real complaint was the funky smells we encountered -- kind of musty. Ranging from kitty litter to cigarette smoke depending on where in the hotel you are in the hotel. And unlike the other reviews there were areas that were definitely not clean, but the room and linens were clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tuscaloosa, AL, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a survey in Tripadvisor. We love when guests tell others about their stay.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your reservation process. I am certainly happy to hear that the rest of your interactions with our staff were a much better experience. Also, I have addressed the issues regarding our public areas with our team, and I assure you we worked diligently to deep clean them so as to ensure they are very clean and fresh.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback so that we were able to fine tune our operations in hopes that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel is located just off of I-59 so I was pleasantly surprised by how quiet it was. The exterior is clean and well maintained, with a nice front porch with rocking chairs. The parking lot is quite small, and the spaces are difficult to manage with a large vehicle, but the grounds are well maintained and there is plenty of lighting. The lobby is very nice - well decorated with comfortable chairs. The staff is efficient, professional, and made me feel welcome. The interior hallways are wide and well lit with clean, new looking carpet. The guest room was well lit, wonderfully clean and fresh, with nice furnishings. The bathroom was sparkling clean with big soft fluffy towels. The bed linens were fresh and crisp and there were plenty of pillows provided. Given the comfortable bed, great pillows and the quietness, it was the perfect retreat for a great nights sleep. The only problem I encountered was that the key cards had to be reactivated several times during my stay. For a shorter stay, this may not be an issue, but since my room was on the third floor, it was pretty frustrating to have to go down and get keys reactivated multiple times. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Tuscaloosa area and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tuscaloosa, AL, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and I am glad we exceeded your expectations. I do, however, apologize for the key card concerns you shared. I can definitely understand that being a frustrating issue, and we are looking into ways to resolve this problem. Again, we really appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites during our first visit to Tuscaloosa. Having never stayed in a Country Inn & Suites before, I didn't know what to expect - but I was very pleasantly surprised. The lobby area had a "homey" feel with a couple of sofas and chairs, and a bookshelf from which patrons can borrow books. Our room on the first floor was quiet and the furniture, linens, television, etc. all felt relatively new and I found the bed, which was on the firm side, to be very comfortable. There is a complimentary breakfast buffet with numerous options (cereal, oatmeal, waffles, eggs [one day there were scrambled eggs, the next day there were little frittatas], pastries, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, etc.) and there are also cookies in the lobby in the afternoon and evening. Being on the first floor near the lobby, we did hear people talking outside our rooms in the morning (we weren't sure if they were other guests or hotel employees). The pool was also quite small and it's basically right in the parking lot. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and would definitely stay there if we return to Tuscaloosa. The price we paid for our room, given the niceness of the room and the free breakfast, was a good value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tuscaloosa, AL, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We are very glad that we were able to aquaint you with all the things that Country Inn & Suites has to offer its guests. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Tuscaloosa, AL!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

this was a unplanned stop been driving all day and my family was getting worried about me because I still had a long way to go. I stayed at one of these property on but did my way up to VA but did not take the time to rate it (sorry everyone ) but it was nice just like this one will try to go back and see what date I stayed there. As for this Property it is staffed with some very nice people that are happy to see you as you come in the door. The room was very clean and bath room was real clean this is just as clean as my home is I will stay here any time I can. they asked me if I would like to get set up on there reword card and did every thing for me (did not tell me to go online and set it up my self ) that was nice and it did not take long. As for good places to eat you can walk or drive not hard to get in or out . they have a free breakfast and it is a good day starter a little bit of every thing

Room Tip: my room was on the 1 floor and very quite for them to be a max occupancy . some kind of training for police men going on here see a lot of men and women walking around talking shop
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 45Many
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tuscaloosa, AL, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are certainly happy you found us! We take great pride in providing the best customer experience at our property. And on behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites, we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Tuscaloosa!