“True Southern BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 205 333 3622
Description: 205 333 3622
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just stopped here for lunch. I ordered the small mix plate which comes with ribs & pulled pork. This BBQ has just the right amount of spice to the sauce and the smoke rings on the ribs go all the way through the meat. Don't forget the sweet tea!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

If you want perhaps one of the best BBQ joints in the country, this is it
it don't get any better.
This little place is world famous for a reason. It's not for a fancy decor it's because of the pulled pork and the ribs. This place has been here since the 60's If you there at the right time ask him for some "scraps" it's little tiny pieces of meat nice and crispy with that rich smokey flavor.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

expect ribs. that's it. not service and not really anything else. it's good and it's old school alabama BBQ

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Great size portions with extremely favorable pricing. My kids and I enjoyed the food greatly but my wife became ill after eating it. We all had the same thing so we are not sure that it is the result of the food or not. The sauce is very unique and nothing like I have ever tasted at any previous BBQ resaurant I have ever eaten. I found it to be very flavorful with a nice kick to it. We think that it was something in the sauce that may have impacted my wife but we will never know. Had she not become ill, I probably would rate this higher but since her illness came within minutes of eating here I cannot in good faith do that.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

The best BBQ joint in the South, make that in the U. S. , cause them Yankees and left coasters don't know squat when it comes to BQ and sauce on light bread.