“Excellent Food, but Noisy”
Review of Five Bar

Five Bar
Ranked #5 of 289 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Tuscaloosa, AL
“Excellent Food, but Noisy”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We have eaten at Five a number of times and have always enjoyed the food, but for some reason they play loud background music and the noise level is so high that its hard to talk to the people you are with so its best to sit outside if the weather is OK.

Visited June 2014

Ashland, Ohio
“Best meal we had on this trip”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I both agree that this one of the nicer restaurants that also has really good food. Had the Chicken and was very good. For 5 of us with a a few drinks was about $130 w/ tip so I felt that was reasonable.

Forney, Texas
“Great food and drinks in downtown Tuscaloosa”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

While in Tuscaloosa for one night in early June on a road trip, my friend and I heard about a gastropub called Five. It is located in the cute little downtown area of Tuscaloosa--which is very pedestrian friendly. We ordered dinner, having the Fried Chicken special with homemade mac-n-cheese. I had a local craft beer and my friend had a mixed drink. The drinks were great, but the food was even better. The sauce under the chicken was just to die for. Definitely one of the best meals we had on our road trip across the country. The place was packed, so we ate on the patio, but the server still did a pretty decent job of taking care of us in a timely manner. If you are ever in Tuscaloosa, I'd definitely say you should stop at Five for food and drinks!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sherri T
Florida
“Great Fried Chicken Special.”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Went here based on a recommendation and was not disappointed with my choice. I got the special for the day which was fried chicken with Mac and cheese. Their salad is AWESOME! White Balsamic dressing strawberries pecans blackberries and goat cheese. Would definitely go back again!

1 Thank Chris J
Kennesaw, Georgia
“One of the better choices”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

One of the better choices in a college town. Menu has some fixed items, some rotate. Fresh, hot and ample portions. Generally a zoo since it is in downtown and is one of the nicer restaurants. Outside seating available. Full bar. Good date place.

Visited April 2014