“Jimmy's Review” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Five Bar

Five Bar
Ranked #6 of 284 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Jimmy's Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Five is an excellent choice to eat at a restaurant in Tuscaloosa. The food is very, very good. The service better than average. However, it is very cramped seating - one feels as though he is eating with the next table. Five is a place U of A students frequent and also the younger society. Five is owned by the owner of Chuck's Fish but is better than Chuck's. Try Five, I think you will enjoy it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Tuscaloosa
“Great food- service was pretty awful”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Simple menu, and the food is good enough. The drinks are overpriced, and they try to get too cute with some of their house special cocktails. Also the servers have no idea what drinks are available at the bar- we have to order drinks at the bar and food at the table.

Visited December 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great addition to the Tuscaloosa dining scene!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was my first time at Five and it was great! We went for drinks on a Saturday night and then went back for brunch on Sunday morning. The Jazz Brunch was delicious and the jazz trio playing were very talented without being overpowering. I could still have a conversation at my table without yelling, which was very nice. I understand the concept of Five, but more options at brunch would be nice - especially something vegetarian or a lighter fare. Other than that, it's great to see more restaurants in downtown Tuscaloosa.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor Member
“Disappointed ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I have been a frequent customer at this restaurant every since they opened. My husband and I have celebrated many birthdays and anniversaries here. So, when my coworkers and I were choosing a spot to have our Christmas party I naturally suggested FIVE. I called to see if they took reservations because we had a very large party and I was told we could reserve the side room for the specific night we wanted. (I spoke with the manager, AJ) That night, Monday the 23rd, several of my coworkers arrived and called to tell me that five was closed. I went inside and was told they had a fire that day around 3(and they never called to tell us). I also spoke with manager AJ then who acted like he had no idea what I was talking about concerning our reservations! I was told I should "try chucks"(their sister restaurant) down the street and see if they could take us. We had a party of 20 and of course the wait was 2 hours at Chucks! Thankfully they accommodated us and we enjoyed our meal. I just wish the manager at FIVE would have tried to make the situation right with us and at least acknowledged his mistake! I will not be eating there for quite sometime!

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Service needs work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I'm currently sitting in your establishment and find it completely unacceptable to wait ten minutes to have someone come address the table of three when there are seven tables seated and seven server's standing around at the kitchen. I even went to the hostess and asked if we had a server and was ignored, as she continued her conversation with a new employee.

3 Thank ChadS2