“Good Food, Limited Menu, Loud”
Review of Five Bar

Five Bar
Ranked #5 of 297 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I really like Five. The people that own it own 2 of my other favorite restaurants. The décor of this restaurant is really great... old brick walls, chandeliers hanging everywhere. Five is named for a reason. There are Five main things on the menu at all times with an added special each day. My only complaint is the acoustics in this building make it so noisy that you cannot hold a conversation. We never go unless it is just the 2 of us because of this.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It is always crowded on the weekend. I love the design of this place and simple menu, my wife and i have tried almost all of it and loved it. Bar area is great. Will definitely go back

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Have had the pleasure of dining here twice now for Sunday Brunch. Best Shrimp & Grits EVER! I'm spoiled now and too afraid to try them anywhere else. Wish I could have these more often, guess that means more trips to Tuscaloosa to see our daughter at UofA. On our recent visit it was the 4 of us. We each had something different. Breakfast Burger was described as very good by oldest daughter that polished off the whole thing, a very rare occurrence. Youngest had the Breakfast Burrito. Was very good. Husband had the Chicken and Waffles. No, they are not Roscoe's but he said they were the next best. He said the fried chicken reminded him of his mothers. I had to have the Shrimp & Grits again. They are so good!!!!!

Service has been great on both trips. Our server was attentive, glasses of their wonderful sweet tea were never low. Wait was shorter than expected. I could stand for the live music to be a bit lower in volume. Otherwise, will visit here every chance I can get. Want to try dinner sometime.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Took my visiting friend to Five for a Sunday Night Dinner and had another great dinning experience. The atmosphere and staff are great and the food is consistently very good. If you haven't tried their "baked avocado" appetizer you should because it's delicious. My friend had the ribeye, cooked medium rare, and it was perfect. I had the pan seared chicken and it was very good. The portions are generous and you feel you've got your money's worth. If you are a beer lover, try their "Truck Stop Honey" brewed in Gadsden, Al, really a good beer! A great choice in Tuscaloosa!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We started off with three different appetizers. Baked avocado (amazing), Yoshie's Chicken (very good), and Pimento Cheese 'n' Jelly (amazing), I strongly suggest the Baked avocado!!! For dinner we split the Pan seared Chicken and homemade mashed potatoes. I also tried the Local Beer, Dales IPA, excellent choice. If you are near Tuscaloosa, you must stop in and try the food.