“Not a good place to eat and enjoy a conversation. Music was WAY too loud.”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #32 of 289 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Mellow Mushroom Tuscaloosa, AL is serving hand tossed, gourmet pizzas alongside hand-crafted libations and 40 different craft beers. Located downtown on Temerson Square, there is street parking as well as a parking deck one block away.
Townsend, Tennessee
“Not a good place to eat and enjoy a conversation. Music was WAY too loud.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The pizzas here are very good. The hoagies are fine. I ordered a salad that supposedly contained sugar coated pecans - pecans yes but not sugared. When I pointed that out was flippantly told " I guess they were out." I asked for salad crackers since none were offered - was told " we are out." Ordered bread cost a dollar- never came .
But worst of all it is SO LOUD . The music makes it impossible to have a conversation .
Do what I do - order your pizza to go and eat it in the quite of your home.

near Birmingham, AL
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Expected more; don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this. Average food at best; service not the best when we were there.

Florence, AL
“Mood changer”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Italian place next door had a 45 minute wait. With the concert we came to see a little over an hour from start time we wandered over, figuring pizza was what we were after anyway. This place is built to house the crowds without feeling overly crowded. We settled on the Thai Dye, a must if you like a little curry with your pie. Our witer, Chris, made sure our glasses were filled and we had directions to the show inclsuing parking advise. Overall, I'm happy we missed out of the Italian version. The food set the mood for a wonderful evening.
And even though I had forgotten the directions, my glasses and my cell behind. Two waiters collided within 3 feet of me and not one article of splatter was to be found on me. Truly mellow.

• Visited October 2012
Skipperville, Al
“OK”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My granddaughter's sorority had a party here for the parents and grandparents. It was OK for a college town pizza but my husband and I have had better pizza many times. It was free so we could not complain about the price. We would never go here by ourselves - it was very loud and not to our taste.

• Visited September 2012
maryland
“Hope You Enjoy Waiting!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My son and I stopped here for pizza on a Sunday afternoon, the place was only half full and most people had food on their table or were ready to leave. When we asked how long a small pizza (5-6 inch, really) would take, the waitress said "30 minutes because the pizza is hand tossed."
Hmm, everywhere I go the pizza's are hand tossed and litererally if not busy they take 15 minutes max. anyway we decided to give it a try. 45 minutes later our little personal pan size pizza came, it was ok, not really worth the wait. They sprinkle parmesian on the pizza, so if you don't like that tell them not to.
I just can't imagine waiting outside an hour (on a busy night) to have pizza then another hour inside, no wonder there is a line, they can't turn over the tables fast enough.
Personally, it wasn't worth the wait, but if you have time to kill, maybe it would be for you.

• Visited September 2012