“customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stay at the ambassor inn and suites this pass week end and I asked them for a late check out andeven tho the room was reserved for that day I know check in for any reservation is at two o, clock in the afternoon. The front desk refused to at least give me a half hour. He was rude and appeared to not care about the needs of the guest staying there, its all about money and not service. I reuse to ever stay at another Ambassordor Inn & suite any where in the country. This is bad business their service sucks!!!!!!"

Room Tip: Dont pick this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank shep2100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Room was modern, clean & quiet. Comfortable bed. Breakfast was limited, and breakfast room has only 3 tables. Honored discount coupon, but wouldn't take a reservation at that rate. A mile off the interstate with quick access to several restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family traveled to Tuscaloosa last month for BAMA's A-Day activities. As expected, nearly every hotel room in the city was booked and room cost were easily double the normal rate. After trying to book all my favorite hotels and finding them fully booked, I reserved a room in the Ambassador Inn for two nights. The Hotel is located on Skyland Blvd about halfway between McFarland and I-359. Our first impression of the hotel was the smell of Cigarette Smoke in the Hallway outside of our room. I can only assume that the hotel locates smoking and non-smoking rooms in the same area. The room was clean, nice beds, and contained a flat-screen TV. We also asked the desk clerk for extra towels with no issues.

In addition to the smell of Cigerate smoke in the hallway there are three more things that I want to point out:
(1) The free Wi-fi was extremely slow and the signal was week. Our phones and iPads worked much faster over 3G and LTE.
(2) The three story hotel has only one elevator and it is extremely slow. I decided to save some time and walk down the stairs only to find out that it leads outside at the extreme end of the hotel. To get back inside, I had to walk around the parking lot to the center of the hotel.
(3) The breakfast is very limited and the breakfast hours on weekends are the same as on weekdays. (6-9am). Bottom line, if you show up at 9:05 on a Saturday or Sunday morning you are too late. I have never heard of a hotel that didn’t extend Breakfast hours on weekends until at least 10:00am.

Bottom line: This hotel is par with other discount hotels in the area. Don’t expect anything special.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike S
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We recently stayed at the Ambassador Inn over a football/family weekend. We found the room clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice. I gave this place 4 stars as it was very acceptable, However, our clock radio was broken, and there was a deficit in parking at the hotel when the hotel is at capacity. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were not great. We were so tired though so it did not really matter. Breakfast is adequate, the coffee very good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank money4mice
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

What a great stay! We are traveling back to Pennsylvania from New Orleans. We have a big moving truck with a trailer and needed a bed to sleep in for a bit. What a great surprise, this place was so nice. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to our large parking needs. The continental breakfast was great (loved making my own Belgium waffles) and the room was super clean. It was easy to get to from the highway and easy to get back. Perfect stay for our purposes. Thanks!!

• Stayed August 2012
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This all started out pretty innocently. I searched Google for Tuscaloosa hotels and was led to a website for the Ambassador Inn and Suites. I clicked a very prominent button on the home page for booking and selected 2 nights at $50 per night. I considered that about right for an independent hotel with no pool and no hot breakfast.

As it turned out I had unwittingly booked at an Ambassador hotel in Lafayette Louisiana. As I found out later that is the only one of the two Ambassador hotels that has online booking. So even though I was at a website for the Tuscaloosa Ambassador the online booking defaulted to Lafayette.

I found this out right before checking in. When I spoke to the desk clerk in Lafayette she sounded like someone with a 2nd grade education and simply had no intention of helping. She just said I would be charged automatically for both nights. The desk cleark in Tuscaloosa said she could get me in there but for around twice the price. Being low on options at the time I took the deal.

Long story short I wound up paying $318 for two nights instead of $112. Keep in mind that this is a very basic economy hotel.

I have filed a dispute with my bank for the difference.

I hope the extra money they pocketed is worth it to them. Because, in my opinion, you should click away from this hotel as fast as you can and book with a chain with a good track record of solving guest problems.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mike J
Stafford TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We booked at this hotel online and when we arrived in Tuscaloosa we found out that our reservation had been made at a hotel in Louisiana, who charged us for the first night since we found out after 6 p.m. Then this hotel told us they would not honor the online price and we could have to pay the current going rate. We were also told that this hotel doesn't even have online reservations. So beware when you made your reservations online and check your email confirmation carefully. The lady at the front desk told us this had happened many times. Other than that (hah!) this is an okay little hotel, though a little off the beaten track and no pool.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room and I could really hear the people upstairs walking around.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family