“Piping hot food and excellent service!”
Review of Whataburger

Whataburger
Ranked #22 of 24 Quick Bites in Tuscaloosa
Description: Since 1950, Whataburger has proudly served a bigger, better burger. It all started when a young entrepreneur named Harmon Dobson had a bold idea: to serve a burger so big that it took two hands to hold, and so good that after a single bite customers couldn't help but exclaim, "What a burger!" He named his humble burger stand in Corpus Christi, Texas, "Whataburger." Over six decades later, we're still family owned and operated. Each and every Whataburger® is still made to order. We still use 100% pure beef and serve it on a big, toasted five-inch bun. And now, as we proudly serve burgers, chicken, salads and breakfast at more than 800 Whataburger locations across the country, that first burger stand is still close to our hearts.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Jabrae took our order which came out quickly and piping hot! Burgers and fries were excellent. I have eaten at many Whataburgers in many states for 50 years and this was definitely one of the very best. Very clean restaurant. Experienced exceptional customer service as Jabrae checked on us a couple of times to ensure that we were pleased with our food and to see if he could bring us anything else. Next time we are through Tuscaloosa, we will definitely stop by again!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (19)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter and I stopped in late Friday night, didn’t want anything too heavy but we were starving ! We had the best salad!!! - Apple cranberry chicken salad! It was delicious! Staff were very friendly too!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed August 18, 2019

Whataburger has a great breakfast Taquito, and any time I am near a Whataburger in the morning, I try to stop and have a couple.

They are like a breakfast burrito with eggs and cheese. You can add potatoes, bacon, or sausage. Very good, and they have a spicy jalapeño sauce, green or red, you can add. I like the red.

Service was very slow, but my Taquitos were hot, fresh, and delicious. Their coffee is pretty decent full bodied. Not weak like tea.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 3, 2019

Good food - burgers fries etc. Reasonable prices. Convenient to highway. Chain restaurant. Eaten there several times.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 8, 2019

Been waiting to try this place and since its so busy I was excited to try them. I ordered 2 whatabugrers medium onion ring and chocolate shake. The total bill was a few cents under $15. The shake was excellent while the onion rings are one of the worst things I've ever tried to eat, even my dogs wouldn't eat them. The burgers on a scale of 1-10 would have been a 4. Not only was the food bad my order was wrong and the girl at the window told the cook I was ordering extra at the window. I explained real quick that I had already ordered it and the order taker had repeated it to me so it wasn't my fault. If I ever want a shake I will go back. If I want a burger and onion rings I will go to sonic

Date of visit: March 2019