“Very nice find in Tuscaloosa.”
Review of Epiphany Cafe - CLOSED

Epiphany Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: University Blvd
Reviewed August 17, 2014

After a day of moving our daughter into college we were looking for a nice place for our large party of eight to have dinner. After reading reviews we chose "The Epiphany". Very nice decor, the bar looked like a great place to hang out. We were seated and the experience began. We did not realize this was more of a tapas restaurant and were a bit confused. Our server was very helpful. It is always nice when you have someone who really likes the food, is knowledgable and has great recommendations. We ordered a lot of food, but passing it all around to eight people was tough. This is a great place for 2-4 people. Everything we ordered was interesting, original and very tasty. The chocolate dessert we all shared at the end was outstanding! Being a coffee lover, I was very excited when I was brought a fresh roasted french press coffee!!! This is a very nice place to go, but I think it is good to understand you won't get many full meal choices.

1  Thank NorthCarolinaBella

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We wanted to have a very special evening with our daughter and boyfriend to celebrate graduation from UofA. We enjoys ped the many offerings of locally sourced products. My husband and I shared a nice steak offering for two, and our guests enjoyed each choosing something a little more adventuresome. A nice selection of wines were offered and we enjoyed an caprese appetizer that was well done. Get, personable waiter who took great care to make sure we were happy with very thing. A recommendation for sure.

2  Thank gyms03
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My boyfriend wanted to try a nice restaurant out in downtown Tuscaloosa and we had been told of Epiphany from a close friend. We walked in and were instantly in love with the decor and atmosphere of the Farm-to-Fork cuisine. We were welcomed and seated quickly and had quite a time choosing what to eat. We did opt for the bread & pork fat appetizer the waitress recommended to us and highly recommend it to everyone who comes, just because it is so different. I ordered the sausage (which I believe they have since removed from the menu) and I sadly, forget what my boyfriend ordered. We were absolutely floored at the flavors, plating design and everything. Though the portions seem small, we both struggled and failed to finish it all in one sitting. The manager stopped by to see how we were enjoying things and, upon learning it was our first time, promptly returned with a sample from the chef of their scallops with apple. After tasting we both, with wide-eyes, agreed to order it next time (and we did. YUM). The second time around was just as fantastic, and we were there for happy hour so we ordered a couple drinks (we were disappointed when they were full price on the bill, apparently we were confused as to which drinks "happy hour" applied to) but they were delicious none the less. I love the "buy local" and "farm-fresh" food idea and I think this restaurant does an impeccable job of creating a place for this market in the area and I will definitely be back next time I'm in town.

4  Thank LBP4UGA
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very fresh healthy food that is delicious and unique! I highly reccomend this restaurant to everyone!

4  Thank lindabo
Reviewed June 28, 2014

If you are tried to 1/2 pound hamburgers, pizza, and greasy over cooked vegetables try Epiphany. The food is fresh, and there are many unique items on the menu and you can get them in small portions (share plates) at reasonable prices. We ate at Epiphany last night with another couple and had 10 small plates that we shared with included among other things, Cauliflower Souffle, Heirloom Tomatoes with Goat Cheese, Squash Blossom Tamales, and Chocolate Espresso Mousse Cake. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and the service was excellent and after dinner the Chef, Tres Jackson stopped by to talk.

2  Thank Dexter H