“Awesome upscale restaurant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Epiphany Cafe - CLOSED

Epiphany Cafe
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: University Blvd
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Awesome upscale restaurant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Epiphany is the perfect place to have a special dinner or a quiet lunch meeting. The quality of the food and staff is superior! Be sure to try it if you are in the area!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank pertywomn

“Pretty darn good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

This is a fancy restaurant with fancy food items. This is not for families on a budget! This restaurant suits an adult taste. I recommend the sweet bread. It was cooked to perfection! Their wine list is short but very nice. I will go back again.

2 Thank kjjorda
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very Good, but for how much longer?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My title is in reference to what was a very lively Saturday night crowd in Tuscaloosa only to find a handful of tables occupied at 7:45pm. Saturday night should not be slow.

Maybe my observations will answer why. First the food is very well prepared, the service was excellent up until our wait for desert seemed incredibly long, since by the time we ordered there were only 4 tables still with customers.
My impression is the menu is trying to hard to be as pretentious as possible, which I am not sure will work for the long run in Tuscaloosa. I am not saying change the small plate/entree concept just back off a little on the extra's. I'll give you an example. I ordered the short ribs, my wife the duck. When presented with our entree I thought i ordered vegatables with a side of short rib, and the same with the duck. Also there is just too much going on with multiple flavors trying to be introduced in every plate. I get that the appeal is the fresh farm approach, but I may not want the whole garden on my plate.

Good Luck to them.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank mw45140
Houston, TX
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

We chose Epiphany Cafe to celebrate our son's graduation from the University of Alabama and we chose WELL. There were 9 of us dining, and all nine of our menu choices were outstanding. Everything we ate was well prepared and very fresh. The wait staff was attentive, knowledgable, and courteous. Try to save room for dessert!

3 Thank TNnativeHoustonTX
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Amazing dinner, awesome staff, what a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We are from NC and our daughter is entering her sophomore year at the University of Alabama which is bringing us to Tuscaloosa a few times a year. We have been trying different restaurants during our visits and while moving our daughter in last week found Epiphany Cafe. What a wonderful experience! We didn't have a reservation and had to opt for a table in the bar area which ended up being great due to all the servers stopping by to chat with us and give us their recommendations. We went with all small plates and tried the shrimp & grits, swordfish, sweet potatoes, and the corn followed by the recommended chocolate cake. The entire meal was amazing, the staff was first class, and the quaint atmosphere was perfect...absolutely will be our first choice restaurant for our future Tuscaloosa visits!

• Visited August 2012