“Very Nice”

Wingate by Wyndham Tuscaloosa
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We absolutely Loved our stay, all the staff was very helpful... it started with Danielle helping with our booking when I called, and then she greeted us with a nice welcome by name upon our arrival. Our room was very nice and clean, we loved the hardwood floors, very nice touch. Chanel, at the front desk was very nice each and every morning and was very informative about the school and surrounding area, Rashawn, was also very informative and shared a lot of good pointers about the area, Takesha, was also very nice, and Bob...oh Bob he made sure breakfast was fresh and hot every morning, he even helped me make my waffle. So, again we loved our stay...Thanks, and I know where we will stay whenever we visit Tuscaloosa.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed July 26, 2010

I was in Tuscaloosa for a family reunion, and the Wingate was the home base for our family. The Wingate was a great hotel. It was clean and the decor was very nice. I especially liked the wooden floors. My only real complaint about the room is what several others have mentioned: the bed is too close to the air conditioner. It was close to 100 degrees on the weekend we visited, so the air conditioner was very necessary, but the blast of cold air was a nuisance because the bed was right next to the vent. I finally placed a towel over the vent to dampen the air flow, and that worked pretty well. Other than that, I have no complaints and was quite pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I am not a fan of pets in a hotel. I stayed in a room with hardwood flooring and constantly heard a dog walking across the floor at night and in the morning. Because of the pitter patter of the dog and the refrigerator making noises I did not sleep well.

I had stayed last year at this hotel in a carpeted room and the noise level was good. I enjoyed my stay. But this time I learned that the hotel was a pet friendly hotel and I was not impressed.
The hotel has great features in the room and a great breakfast. I like the hardwood floor concept because it seems to make the room cleaner. We did, however notice that the floor had warped near the air condition so it had a hill there and made it hard to walk around the other side of the bed. The bed was too close to the window/air condition unit.
The pets in the hotel and the noise in the room were my only complaints.

Richmond, Virginia

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2010

This Wingate is a new hotel with lots of nice touches that exceeded my expectations. Very friendly and efficient staff, rooms with hardwood floors (or, as I just read in another review, bamboo!), very comfortable beds. Nicer complimentary breakfast including hot items. Very much outclassed other properties of a similar "class" or price. My only downside was that beds are placed very close to the wall/window mounted air condition unit, the only design flaw in an otherwise nice and spacious room.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2010

The staff was welcoming. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Bed was very comfy as well. Free wireless throughout. Bathrooms clean, our room had no tub, only a large standup shower, w/marble (with glass doors instead of curtain).

Free breakfast included waffles, eggs, juice, cereal, instant oatmeal, as well as fruit and coffee. There may have been more, but that is what I recall.

The floors in the rooms were wood, rather than carpet, which is a great idea. It seemed cleaner somehow. Although, I heard not all of the rooms are this way, so ask for it when you register or checkin.

Room has a small frig and microwave (no food included), and a safe for small valuables. There is a small store area at the checkin desk with small snack type foods to purchase as well.

Location is about 10 mins from University of Alabama, and is on the freeway with easy access to and from.

I would highly recommend this place, and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2009

From the friendly reception on the phone to the check out process this hotel was the best. I traveled with my little dog to visit a friend for Christmas. Everything was exceptional and we will be staying again. The staff even took the time to befriend my dog. Rooms were gorgeous, bed was unbelievably soft. wonderful experience all around.We stayed for six nights. More than enough time to determine the inner workings of the hotel management. Even stayed one day longer than expected and they were happy to accommodate. Worked with me to pay less than expected for my pet and gave exceptional room rates.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed November 23, 2009

This hotel is exactly like others have reviewers have stated...very nice! Easy access off the interstate,the rooms are very modern, nicely equipped and very clean. Theres numerous eating venues within easy driving distance.
As stated it is a pet friendly facility and when you are traveling with a family member who happens to be an Old English Sheep dog, that a big plus.
I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business