“last minute getaway”

Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed May 10, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Scott S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed May 9, 2014

My mother and I checked in to the hotel around 5:00pm tired out from travel. When we went into the room, we pulled back the coverlet to find the beds in total chaos - comforters have jammed into bottom, skirts on floor, and more. When I tried to straighten the beds, I began to see more dirt and nasty debris around the headboards. We went back to the desk to try another room. In room #2, I was greeted by a carpet that was stained with yellow and grease plus multiple holes from what appeared to be cigarette burns. Again, I returned to the desk (here I will say one positive thing - the clerk was apologetic and nice) who gave me a key to a third room with wood floors. Again, I went to check it out before dragging Mom in. The baseboards along the wall had pulled loose exposing wiring. The only reason I kept trying rooms was because I had my mom with me who was so tired I did not think she could make it to another hotel. I was so disgusted I asked for a credit and called my hubby who booked us in to the nearest Hampton Inn. We walked into the cleanest, freshest, nicest hotel. Lesson learned. This horrible experience has ruined the Wingate brand for me. Corporate needs to pay attention or there will be others who will read this and check them off the list without even trying.

Room Tip: None. I tried 3 and each was worse than the previous.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 30, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlene J
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We arrived late in the day, and it was great to have the air conditioning running, as it had been quite warm during the day. The breakfast was much better than we had the two previous days at a Wingate in Tuskaloosa. Room was clean, bed comfortable, tv worked, we had towels and soap, what more can you ask for. Staff was pleasant. It is great to have a computer available for use. thanks

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family