“Terrible Service, Mediocre Food and Bad CHIPS!”
Review of Iguana Grill

Iguana Grill
Ranked #93 of 342 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed March 9, 2017

Went to celebrate a birthday with just a few family members. It was a very late lunch (about 2pm) and the restaurant was nearly empty as I saw only 3 more occupied tables. They brought out some chips and took our drink order. Although the chips looked good they had a burned taste to them and having a brother, who has been in the restaurant business his whole life, he said they were using old oil.

Took about 15 minutes to get our drinks and once the waiter sat them down he just walked away without taking our order. 10 more minutes went by before I just finally waved down another employee and told them we would like to place our order. It still took 5 minutes for our waiter to show up so in all it took us 30 minutes just to give our order. The food came out relatively quickly, at about 20 minutes, and the food was average at very best.

During our meal the waiter didnt come over one time to refill drinks and we didnt see him at all until we flagged him down to get some to go boxes. Once again you would think when they bring a to go box they would also bring a check, but no that wasnt the case here. It was another 10 minutes and took us flagging someone down to get the check brought to us. All in all it took an 1:45 to eat lunch with it nearly being empty. So to sum it up the service was about as bad as it can get, the food was average at best and about the only redeeming thing I can say is the decor was interesting. In the end I think I would have liked Taco Bell better.

Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

I don't get to visit Iguana Grill often and so I was excited for this visit so I could get the fundido with chicken appetizer. After not seeing it on the menu, our waiter confirmed it was no longer available so I got a chicken quesadilla instead which was just a basic quesadilla you can find at other Mexican restaurants and was not worth the $10+ that it cost. I do not plan to go back to Iguana Grill again, unless they personally contact me to let me know they've added the fundido back to the menu. My husband used to love the option of the second salsa that they used to serve but is no longer available so he no longer has a preference for this restaurant either.

Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

Iguana Grill has an amazing environment, they have very beautiful interior decor, as well as the food! I recommend getting the molcajete which is their specialty dish! The margaritas are delicious, and the fried ice cream is to die for! Best Mexican restaurant in town!

Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

This place is amazing the interior decor is beautiful, the food is the best the Molcajete is a beautiful dish that can easily serve 2-3 people. The margaritas are the best I've had.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 26, 2016

This restaurant is much nicer than most of our Mexican eateries. It has a lovely ambience and great food. I would highly recommend the Pollo Adobe (grilled chicken topped with grilled peppers, spinach and cheese dip).

Date of visit: July 2016