All reviews goody bag room was clean short stay front desk clerk shopping and restaurants nice stay in town waffles next morning continental breakfast roll tide convenient location university target ua rates stadium
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel staff was very accommodating and the location is great. The hotel is new with wifi and LCD televisions. Very nice and affordable.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
OwnerPropertyHotel, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa Near University, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Excellent review! We are dedicated to serving our guests in all the right ways and are focused on ensuring that we have a safe and hospitable environment for all.

We welcome all travelers and attend to needs from families to business travelers.

Our focus is on hospitality and we embrace our guests feedback to help improve in areas mentioned. It was an absolute delight to have you as our guest at the property.

My team and I wish you all a safe travel back and when in the Tuscaloosa please visit us as we are your home away from home.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

I've stayed here for over a year. Pleasant, courteous employees. never had a problem.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I tried to stay in this hotel (Room 118) last night, went outside for a smoke and left all the lights off in the room except for the bathroom light. I came back and got into bed only to feel something bite me. I jumped out of bed and discovered bed bugs crawling on the sheets and found I had been bitten twice.

I contacted the front desk and had the woman at the desk come to my room and look at the bed to show her that I had killed them. She was horrified and informed me that they had never had a reported problem of bed bugs before--well unfortunately, you do now. The hotel was clean and seemed like a nice hotel until I discovered the bug problem.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Btraveler53
Julie M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa Near University, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and want you to know that the room was immediately treated by professionals. Additionally, the rest of the hotel was inspected to ensure we do not have any more issues. We maintain a stringent pest control plan and have not had issues with bed bugs or other pests.

We do want you to know that we are extremely sorry you had this experience at our property. We have exceptionally high standards for our hotels and want nothing but the best for our guests. Your room will be fully refunded. Please contact us for your future stays in Tuscaloosa. I guarantee you will be well taken care of.

Thank you again for your business and your feedback.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We actually never made it on this trip...we were supposed to have a mini get away but one of our children got sick the morning we were leaving. I called to see if there was any way we could get at least some of our money back. The only thing worse than missing out on our mommy and daddy overnight getaway and missing the My Morning Jacket concert was getting charged the $91 for our room to boot. I figured I'd get some rude, apathetic person who would pretty much say sorry about your luck, but there will be no refund. To my surprise the girl was super sweet, understanding, and gladly refunded our money with no fuss whatsoever. I don't know if this is their policy all of the time or not, but I sure appreciated them softening the blow of losing out on this weekend! Thank you, and we WILL be back (family there) and WILL for sure stay at this hotel each time from now on.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cneese

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We were in Tuscaloosa for a funeral, and we had been traveling for many hours in the oppressive heat. The hotel where we were supposed to stay did not have rooms ready and had very poor service. We went across the street to the Microtel, and Boone, the front desk clerk, quickly found us a room at a $50 savings, held it for us while we went back across the street to clear up our messed up reservation, and then even gave us a greater discount when we returned. The hotel is super clean, and the room was ready immediately. The hotel offered many extras that our previous hotel did not including a fitness center, evening cookies, 24 hour coffee and tea, and many healthy breakfast items. Everything about our stay was amazing, and the staff could not have been kinder. If I ever return to the area, I will be staying here every time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family