“unbelievable customer service...unheard of with hotels!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa Near University
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We actually never made it on this trip...we were supposed to have a mini get away but one of our children got sick the morning we were leaving. I called to see if there was any way we could get at least some of our money back. The only thing worse than missing out on our mommy and daddy overnight getaway and missing the My Morning Jacket concert was getting charged the $91 for our room to boot. I figured I'd get some rude, apathetic person who would pretty much say sorry about your luck, but there will be no refund. To my surprise the girl was super sweet, understanding, and gladly refunded our money with no fuss whatsoever. I don't know if this is their policy all of the time or not, but I sure appreciated them softening the blow of losing out on this weekend! Thank you, and we WILL be back (family there) and WILL for sure stay at this hotel each time from now on.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cneese
OwnerPropertyHotel, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa Near University, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Excellent review! We are dedicated to serving our guests in all the right ways and are focused on ensuring that we have a safe and hospitable environment for all.

We welcome all travelers and attend to needs from families to business travelers.

Our focus is on hospitality and we embrace our guests feedback to help improve in areas mentioned. It was an absolute delight to have you as our guest at the property.

My team and I wish you all a safe travel back and when in the Tuscaloosa please visit us as we are your home away from home.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We were in Tuscaloosa for a funeral, and we had been traveling for many hours in the oppressive heat. The hotel where we were supposed to stay did not have rooms ready and had very poor service. We went across the street to the Microtel, and Boone, the front desk clerk, quickly found us a room at a $50 savings, held it for us while we went back across the street to clear up our messed up reservation, and then even gave us a greater discount when we returned. The hotel is super clean, and the room was ready immediately. The hotel offered many extras that our previous hotel did not including a fitness center, evening cookies, 24 hour coffee and tea, and many healthy breakfast items. Everything about our stay was amazing, and the staff could not have been kinder. If I ever return to the area, I will be staying here every time.

2  Thank soonergal013

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Microtels remind me of IKEA in their layout and furnishings. They are not fancy, but they have everything you will need including free internet, HBO and a decent breakfast. The one in T-town had apples and bananas, fruit&fiber bars as well as yogurt and canned juices. There's also coffee in the room as well as in the lobby. No it isn't a 5 star resort but if you are there for business you would be wasting your money to stay anywhere else. A plus is that you are within walking distance to a mall and target. This is a european feeling Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 18, 2011

My son was attending the ODP Soccer camp at UA. I stay a week in the Microtel Inn and I could not have asked for better place to stay. Great location especially if you are in town for college business; I was 5 minutes away from University. Close to eating establishments, shopping, and tourist attractions. The check in/check out process went smoothly. I had a queen suite and it was roomy! No problems at any time and the hotel was full. I cringed at a bus load of young men and women pulling up but they were great! Housekeeping was very attentive to my needs! I highly recommend this hotel if you are in Tuscaloosa!

Reviewed July 17, 2011

We were visiting the University of Alabama and had reserved a room at the MicroTel.The front desk personnel were not very welcoming. When we checked in, the first room had a strong odor to it. I reported this and requested another room. The second room wasn't clean. The carpet was stained and the window seat has lots of stains in it. I informed the front desk that i didn't think we could stay there and she was willing to refund our money. This hotel was not up to the standards that we are accustomed to. If you are not particular about your hotel stay and just want a place to sleep then i think you would be ok. We ended up at the Fairfield Inn for $14.00 more a night and were very happy!

3  Thank Renee608_11

Reviewed July 15, 2011

The hotel is on the edge of the area effected by the April tornado. The hotel itself only had some roof shingles damaged, otherwise in fine condition.
Check in smooth, though they did hold all my stay on my debit card. Just suprising to see as we were staying almost a week. Wish I had known sooner, and would have used a credit card (not tied up hundreds of my checking account dollars upon check in, I am used to them charging upon check out).
Room was overall clean, but the window seat cover was very stained. Also a large stain on the carpet by the fridge. Bathroom was acceptable, but did have mold on one corner of the shower curtain (OK, so I am picky!). The room was a suite, and also had a breakfast bar area with a microwave and coffee maker.
Breakfast was probably the worst I have had as far as a free breakfast, but it is the no frills Microtel, and it was free. It was not BAD, just bare bones. There are often fresh baked cookies available in the lobby.
The staff was all very nice and attentive.

1  Thank momnnp

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Road trip from Dayton, Ohio to New Orleans with our first stop in Tuscaloosa. Usually we like to have 2 beds but took the single Queen. Room was "Micro" in size but 5 star in cleanliness and comfort. Nice cold continental breakfast and service staff. Need an affordable quality stay for a night in Tuscaloosa, Alabama? This is the place!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple