All reviews goody bag room was clean short stay front desk clerk shopping and restaurants nice stay in town waffles next morning continental breakfast roll tide convenient location university target ua rates stadium
Reviewed May 13, 2011

There were fresh cookies and snacks all the time Hotel cleanliness was excellent

The room was exceedingly nice, it had a large couch, microwave, and refrigerator. flat screen TV ironing board and iron. Bathroom was very clean with more than enough towels. Water pressure was excellent. No mold was evident anywhere, shower curtain was on curved bar so doesn't encroach into shower, or leave a huge puddle. There was a sitting couch by the window,

Bed comfort was very high, sheets were clean, quilt was high density cloth. Air conditioner in room was excellent.

If you have to stay in Tuscaloosa than stay at this place it will surpass your expectation

Room Tip: Call Julie she is just the best
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ministarr1
OwnerPropertyHotel, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa Near University, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Excellent review! We are dedicated to serving our guests in all the right ways and are focused on ensuring that we have a safe and hospitable environment for all.

We welcome all travelers and attend to needs from families to business travelers.

Our focus is on hospitality and we embrace our guests feedback to help improve in areas mentioned. It was an absolute delight to have you as our guest at the property.

My team and I wish you all a safe travel back and when in the Tuscaloosa please visit us as we are your home away from home.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

We (School Group) were staying the day the Tornado touched down in Tuscaloosa. The staff of this hotel was very well prepared and took the safety of the customers to an entire new leve. Cynthia was great and hope that she and her family were spared the destruction of the tormado.

Room Tip: All the rooms were outstanding
  • Stayed: April 2011

Reviewed April 18, 2011

The hotel was very clean, quiet and accommodating. The "continental breakfast' was awful! Great location if you are going to the University of Alabama. Plenty of restaurants, stores, etc. very close by. However, when we booked, we did so through Travelocity. Therefore, our room had to be prepaid. When we arrived, the front desk clerk asked for a credit card which I gave her. When we left, she handed me a receipt which to me looked like she charged me. I said "I already paid through Travelocity". She said "I didn't charge you again". About an hour later, I called me credit card company and sure as heck, she did charge me again. Took several weeks to straighten it out. Keep an eye on your receipt!!

Room Tip: Get a room AWAY from the elevator and ice machine!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank travelingmom061

Reviewed April 12, 2011

The Tuscaloosa Microtel handled our large party (34) with great ease. The hotel is very clean. The staff is knowledgable, helpful, and friendly. And the rooms are very nice with comfortable amenities and comfortable beds. The breakfast is very diverse, with lots of simple choices for anyone's taste. It's a nice touch that they have cookies provided all day for guests. The location is great with Super Target within along with Chipotle, Five Guys, and a fun yogurt place all within walking distance. I would highly recommend this hotel if your travels bring you to Tuscaloosa.

• Stayed: April 2011

Reviewed March 5, 2011

The location is perfect, next to Target/Home Depot and across the street from Midtown Village Shopping and the mall. More important, just a couple of minutes (less than 5) from the campus of The University of Alabama. GREAT price!

There is free WiFi throughout the hotel. Flat screen TV, with movies. Free local telephone calls. There is one computer with a printer in the lobby if you need one.

I looked at both the two queen bed room and the suite, and although both are nice, I went with the suite since I would be spending a lot of time there on this trip. The suite has one bed; a small sleeper sofa; small kitchen area with sink, microwave, refrig., coffee maker. I don't recall if the other rooms have the kitchen area as well. The room did not have a table, but instead had two sections similar to a bar, one lower and one higher (more the eating area), but there is plenty of work area if you need to work. There is also a window seat with cushions, which is a nice place to read.

The hotel is clean and appears new and has a meeting room and an exercise room.

There is a breakfast offered, nothing fancy, simple but free consisting of fruit, pastries, breakfast bars, cereals, coffee, milk, and juice. Coffee is available 24 hrs. In the afternoon after 2:00 PM they offer free cookies (I have to warn you, it is hard to resist the smell of the cookies throughout the first floor.)

The staff is great, very helpful and friendly. I was in need of a late checkout, and they were happy to accommodate.

The beds were fine, not the best I have every slept on, but far, FAR from the worst, with flat pillows.

Best place I have stayed in Tuscaloosa, would highly recommend, and WILL be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family