“Great Stay!”

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Vance, Alabama
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had a great time in T-town! The ability to cook my own food while at the hotel was a great bonus. I had a special meal planned!

It was a nice little get away from the house, much needed relaxation!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
I am so glad to hear about the special meal you were able to prepare in the full kitchen of your suite. This is such a convenient amenity. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy such a relaxing stay at our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We hope to see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Long island
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Even when I'm only traveling for overnight stays I prefer to stay in extended stay hotels. This was a really clean hotel. The room smelled fresh. Great place. This one made me feel right at home. The grocery store across the street makes the location better so I was able to cook in my room.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review! It delights me to hear that you found our hotel so clean and fresh-smelling. I am glad you were able to cook meals in your room. That is such a bonus with Candlewood Suites hotels. Making you feel at home is what we are all about. Thank you for your review again. Please visit us again when you are back in the Tuscaloosa area.
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed after reading such good reviews. The room size was nice along with the kitchen, but that was about it. To begin, the room stunk like Thai food upon entering. It went away after turning on the AC. The bed was supposed to be a king, but was queen. After accepting these minor flaws we went to sleep. The nightmare began. At 1am I awoke to footsteps from the floor above us. They were constant lasting through the night. Not sure if we were under a hallway, but that's what it felt like. This place had no buffer and it kept me up until probably 4am! Very annoying. The bed was not comfortable either. Very diappointed to awake like this on Mothers Day!! And to top it off the price of this place was more than most and offers NO breakfast!! Should have followed my gut and drove 4 more miles to Wyndham !!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, letting me know about your experience here at our hotel. I am saddened to hear that your night's sleep was not enjoyable. I am unaware how the Central Reservations office could have promised a room with a King size bed, as our hotel does not have any King beds at all. I am very sorry if you were promised something by the 1-800 reservation team that you did not receive. This disturbs me greatly. I have already called this department and confirmed our room types with them, including the bed size in each room, so that this does not happen to another guest. I am sorry you were the person to have to bring their mistake to my attention. Your room was unfortunately below a guest who works until 1 a.m. each night. This does not excuse him from walking loudly. I wish we had been made aware of the situation at the time is was happening, so that we could have called this guest and quieted the situation. I am sorry we were not made aware of this until now, so that we could have made your stay more enjoyable. As far as breakfast at Candlewood Suites, we always want to be very clear that our breakfast selections are not stereotypical of other hotels. As an extended stay hotel, we have the bonus amenity of having full kitchens in every room and an on-property grocery store, where we have several options for breakfast, lunch, or dinner that you can cook in the privacy of your own room. This is a wonderful addition for travelers who are here for an extended stay. I am sorry that this option was not conducive for your stay. Luckily, IHG now has nine brands, and I am sure there is a brand out there that is perfect for you. Thank you again for writing a review. Your feedback is valuable to us, as it is a way for us to be able to fine-tune our operations and have a better chance to please all of our travelers. I would love the opportunity to personally apologize to you. Feel free to reach out to me. Thank you again.
Vance, Alabama
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

This was definitely the nicest Candlewood suites I've ever stayed at. Kim makes you feel like you are coming home to family which makes for a better experience. My room was very clean and smelled great. Perfect place to stay while in Tuscaloosa

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your kind review! I am so glad to hear that you stay at Candlewood Suites often and that you found ours to be the nicest. I will certainly pass along your kind words about Kim as well. She is a real asset! Thank you for recognizing her. I am glad to hear that your room was clean and smelled great also. We hope to see you back again very soon!
Tuscaloosa
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This property is very clean and we'll keep up. The from desk stay Kim, Zach, and David were always great helps with anything I needed. I have no complaints great stay! I have stayed elsewhere but I will be returning here!

• Stayed February 2014
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your awesome review! I am so glad to hear that our front desk team was so accommodating. I will be sure to let them know how pleased you were with their customer service. We hope to see you again very soon!
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The people here are more then just hotel employees.. they are AAA Amazing.. not only did they remember us, but they anticipated our needs before we had to ask. . Really amazing and outstanding service.. Rooms are clean and the beds ROCK.. Thank you

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank scrowder44
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
WOW! Thank you for the raving review! We are so delighted to hear about your experience! I am so glad to hear that we were able to anticipate your needs and that you got a great night's sleep on our comfy beds. We take customer service very seriously and your feedback makes every service step worthwhile. Thank you again!
Rocklin, California
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great location, easy freeway access, close to campus. In all my travels, hotel staff is what sets the difference in experience. I only review great stays and this was another one. Had two rooms here, over the weekend and everyone was very happy. Friendly and efficient staff, nice room layout and will definitely stay here next time were here!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Wow! What an awesome review! Thank you so much!! It always delights me to hear that our team was so friendly and accommodating. I will definitely share your feedback with them. Thank you for recognizing our efforts and for sharing your experience with others. We hope you will join us again at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa!