“Best Hotel in T-town!”

Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Candlewood Suites is, in my opinion, the best hotel to book if you're going to be in Tuscaloosa. It's nothing fancy, but it's perfect! The staff was super nice and always there to help if we needed anything. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, but the beds were comfy! My only concern was the bathroom. It's probably just a personal preference to me, but I need an updated bathroom at all times. This one looked a little outdated.

Even though this hotel has some negatives, I'll still stand by my word that this is the best hotel in Tuscaloosa. When you take cost, location, and amenities into consideration, Candlewood Suites will come out on top!

Room Tip: We stayed on the highest floor and it was very nice!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dustin F
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for telling everyone that we are the best hotel in all of Tuscaloosa! That is quite a compliment. Being #1 on Trip Advisor is an honor we are quite poroud of. Tha you for sharing your thoughts. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel staff were really kind and friendly. They even called once we got to our room to see how we liked our room and if we needed anything.The rooms were very clean even had a kitchen in them. This was useful because we stayed for five days. I will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is very quiet.
1  Thank swails_john
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your nice review! We are glad that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel always smelled so clean and fresh. I have never stayed in a hotel that smelled so good. The service was excellent. The staff were all so kind. The rooms and lobby were beautiful. From now on, when I come to Tuscaloosa, this is where I want to stay!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Guinmadison
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your review! I love to hear that our hotel smells so nice and clean. We value your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went to out niece's graduation from University of Alabama in December 2012. . We liked having a kitchen to cook in and all the comforts of home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.We wanted to stay there again in May, but the hotel is so popular, we could get the 7 rooms we needed. Maybe next time!

Room Tip: 2nd floor is good.
1  Thank Gary L

Thank you for your kind review! We are so happy your enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that we don't have availability for your next trip to Tuscaloosa, but hopefully we will see you again in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I loved staying at this hotel. The staff was warm, friendly, and welcoming. The room was great! I loved that not only did I have a kitchen in my room but it was also fully equipped with pots, pans, and everything I could need. Having all my needs meet made me feel more like I was home than at a hotel. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone needing to stay in the Tuscaloosa area.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Coulliettelee

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the kitchen in your room. It certainly makes life on the road more convenient. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Amazing family-like caring by the staff. Mrs Cheree, ms Elizabeth, ms mary Baxter, ms Kim, Zach,
Adam, and mike all are amazingly helpful accommodating and warm.
Location is wry close to malls, and restaurants and movie theatre. I have lived there for months and the stay was so good that I never go to Hilton's or Mariott again. Great bang for buck

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Kedarpal
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you so much! We love having you at the hotel! You have became like family to us. It's guests like you that we come to know so well and enjoy having around so much that make our hotel world fulfilled! We hope you are able to stay around for quite a while! Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff was friendly and very helpful! Everything was clean and in good order. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
We were there for a graduation and our family had a total of 3 rooms. We had a great experience.

1  Thank lewis10_13

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in Tuscaloosa and hope to see you again soon.