“Great stay, very clean rooms, professional friendly staff.”

Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Kingstree
“Great stay, very clean rooms, professional friendly staff.”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Candlewood suites from December 2, 2012 to December 11, 2012. The staff there were nice and friendly. Sheree, the General Manager there did everything she could to accommodate me and my mother's needs.The staff was very quick to address and respond to our any and all of our concerns. The rooms were very nice and clean. I really enjoyed my stay and I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Makeshia R
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive review! It's always great to hear when our guests are happy with their stay. It was a pleasure to accommodate you, and we hope to see you and your mother back very soon. Don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if I may be of assistance with your future reservations. Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband & I stayed here during the Iron Bowl weekend. Room was booked/paid through Kayak, so upon check-in my debit card was only swiped for incidentals, etc; or so I thought. First, I must say that our stay was more than pleasant & we left with the intention of returning to this specific hotel during any future trips to Tuscaloosa; which are fairly regular. At the time, I'd have said this was the best we've stayed at in T-Town, but now I say it is not worth the trouble. Rather than placing a hold on my card as hotels usually do, they instead charged $389.06 to the card for the stay which I'd already paid for through kayak ($458.70). To make matters worse, there is a separate charge for $175, which I'm told was due to the executive housekeeper assessing that the room had been smoked in; however, I am NOT a smoker! The icing on the cake - 2 days later there is a pending transaction for $165. I spoke to the front desk yesterday, & was assured the issue would be corrected; however today I find out that they've apparently mistakingly refunded my money to a credit card the hotel had on file under our priority club rewards account. This particular card is no longer active and furthermore this was NOT the card that was charged! The front desk has now advised that WE should call OUR BANK to correct this issue. For now, I am still $723.06 in the hole. NOT HAPPY!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HarkeyB
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay while at our hotel. However, as the hotel's General Manager, I am very disappointed with the problems you experienced in the days after your stay. After reviewing the situation, I do see that all authorizations have been returned to your account for the mistake that our front desk agent made. Our agents are thoroughly trained, and this key-stroke error does not make for an acceptable experience. We strive to make all stays at our hotel enjoyable and hope that you leave with the intentions of returning soon. Unfortunately, our billing error did not make for such an experience for you. I am so sorry that you had a bad experience. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your inconvenience. I hope you will give us another chance when back in town for a football game, so that we may redeem your experience and belief in our hotel's efforts to satisfy guests.
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Really clean and well equipped but wish they had a small breakfast offering for the price you pay. We will definitely be back when back in the area overnight. The staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank bamaboy13
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The Candlewood Suites brand was thoughtfully designed as an extended stay hotel for travelers who typically stay 7 or more nights. These guests prefer kitchens in their rooms, and choose to cook their own meals each day. As much as we also want to cater to the guests with shorter lengths of stay, this is the reason that our brand does not offer the typical “continental” breakfast. We do however, offer our convenient “Candlewood Cupboard”, which is a perfect meal option for guests who are staying one night or even one month. It has an array of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options that are available to cook in the privacy of your own suite. Candlewood Suites is a very unique brand, and we are so glad you chose to stay with us. We would love to accommodate you again in the future.
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went to watch a UA vs. Western Carolina game and got ripped off (as usual) by another hotel in Tuscaloosa. I think on game day weekends there are 1 hotel room per 1,000 visitors. I'm exaggerating but they really "sock it to you" on game day weekends since there is a HUGE shortage of hotels rooms available. We paid almost $500 for a two day weekend at a low attendance game! Anyway, if you get a good deal this is a nice hotel. My wife loves the small kitchen and the rooms are quite large. Staff was nice and helpful. They do not have breakfast since I guess they feel you can make your own given the in-room kitchens? Small foyer. Nothing real impressive. Just nice, well kept and clean. What else can you ask for?

Room Tip: They have regular suite rooms and also one's with a separate living space. Ask for an upgrade if...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your open and honest review. I hope you enjoyed your football weekend in Tuscaloosa. The University of Alabama sure does have some loyal football fans! Tuscaloosa has nearly 30,000 hotel rooms and it’s never enough. Seven weekends per year this city is full of dedicated supporters of the Crimson Tide. We know that you have many options when selecting a hotel for football weekends, so we are glad that you chose Candlewood Suites for your stay. I love that your wife enjoys the kitchens that we have in all of our rooms. As you mentioned, it is the perfect place to relax and make a big breakfast after a long day on campus. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you in Tuscaloosa again very soon!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Was lucky to find a suitable hotel room on a Bama football weekend for my daughter and me. Had a wonderful contact on the property, Cheree Slaten, who recommended a fabulous restaurant, Epiphany Cafe. We flew on the "red-eye" from Los Angeles, arrived early, and our room was ready. Chip at the front desk recognized me as a Platinum Ambassador, gave us bottled waters, and a love note from the manager, Elizabeth Ashworth. The room was spacious with full-sized refrigerator, comfy beds, very quiet, nice bathroom, and quite clean. The only negative...with a teenager in tow, did miss not having a restaurant/cafe/bar on the property.

Room Tip: My room was very quiet....just asked for a "quiet room away from the elevator".
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sam E
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much! We really appreciate when you tell others about great stays! We hope to see you again in Tuscaloosa soon!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Spent 2 nights here for a Univ of Alabama home game - I was pleasantly surprised by how neat & clean it was. The beds were very comfy (though I prefer 2 queens instead of 2 dbls). Loved the "pantry" downstairs for forgotten items or a quick snack. Front desk was very hospitable. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Donna S
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much! We love when guests take the time to share their great experiences with others!
Groveland
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We've become big fans of Candlewood Suites and try to seek them out if we're staying a couple days or more in any one location. We stayed here a couple nights for the Neil Young Concert at the Ampitheatre and were very pleased with our stay. Everyone was friendly and helpful, the room clean and comfortable. The two burner stove is perfect for cooking up a breakfast or light meal in the room and saves the hassle of getting ready and going out. We had been on the road for a week so the free laundry services really came in handy too. The gym is located in the same area as the laundry so we were able to get in a little workout at the same time. The Tuscaloosa Candlewood is very nice and I'd recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive review! We certainly appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite and fully equipped kitchen. I am glad you were able to enjoy our free washer and dryer useage and our 24-hour fitness center. We certainly hope to have you as our guest again soon!