“Nice, busy, place to eat”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #37 of 67 Restaurants in Trussville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Don't go here if you're in a hurry. This Cracker Barrel, like many, can get very busy and waiting is not unusual. We usually eat here on Sunday morning after church and if we can beat the crowd the wait in not too long. They appearantly have a good manager here because once you are seated the service is very good. You will probably be asked if everything was OK at the cash register. Even though it is the standard Cracker Barrell menu, they usually do a good job of preparing it -- and will replace it without any problem if you simply tell them why (burned, don't like it, etc.). They have people that rotate through the dining hall and keep the beverages full. The food is brought out promptly once it is fixed.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The only thing I would NOT recommend on the menu is the burger. Everything else I've ever had is delicious. The chicken fried chicken or steak is about the best thing they have on the dinner menu. Either one is delicious with the gravy they use. If you want breakfast you cannot beat the Sunrise Sampler with everything it comes with. No matter what you pick, the portion size is always worth the money.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Typical Cracker Barrell good food/ fast service. I like their new salad choices. Conveinant to this hotel.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have been eating at Cracker Barrel every Friday morning since they opened. The food has always been consistently good and the service has always been excellent. Sometimes I may have a craving for something that is not on the menu and they have always accommodated me with cooking what I have requested. Through the years some managers have been better than others but for the most part everything runs well. The place is always clean and inviting. Parking is plentiful especially at 6:00 am. When in doubt you can't go wrong with breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I'm a fan of the hearty breakfast, any time of day. I stopped here for that, during lunchtime, during a long trip from Knoxville, TN to Mobile, AL, and I ordered the Big Momma plus hash browns. The latter turned out to be ginormous. the potatoes were fresh, and the eggs (over easy) were excellent, also fresh. The turkey sausage patty was surprisingly good, considering it's... well... turkey. Orange juice was fresh and pulpy, coffee was good and strong. Service was excellent considering it was quite busy at the time. Afterward the store was perfect for picking up souvenirs for my kids. Big-family dads: I recommend the "Under $5" rack. The cashiers were cheerful and witty. (Note for minorities like me: The clientele AND the staff were pretty diverse, so I never felt like a stranger in a barrel of... you know... crackers.)