“Top Notch Experience”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Birmingham, Alabama
“Top Notch Experience”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

From start to finish I can not say enough positive things about our time spent in the restaurant! I had planned a 'girl's day' with my granddaughter, who was turning 6, told her we would eat what she wanted and go pick out her birthday gift. Thinking she would choose the run of the mill hamburger joint with an indoor playground..........but nooooooo..........she chose Steak! HA.......well, we happened to be in the Trussville area......I noticed Lonestar nearby from the intersection we were stopped at........so we pulled in. The hostess met us with a warm smile and seated us in a nice booth, the place was half filled and it was about 3pm. We were then greeted by our server..... her name was Jorie ........we lucked up....she seemed experienced and had a delightful personality.......so, my granddaughter placed her steak order and chose a side of mashed potatoes with sweat tea. I chose the bowl of French onion soup. Jorie promptly brought out a loaf of warm brown bread.....and along with it she added some butter and cinnamon....she showed my granddaughter how her children love to 'make sweet bread' out of it. This was a HUGE hit with my baby as well.....!! We were quickly on our 2nd loaf...and even offered a 3rd loaf later, but we declined. The 6oz sirloin steak was cooked perfectly, my soup was SO good and tasty. The cook came out and spoke to my gr/daughter to make sure she enjoyed her birthday meal...........this made her feel special that he took the time ( I believe his name was Terry) and to top it off Jorie then brought out a warm 'birthday' brownie with 2 spoons! The entire time spent from start to finish was superb.........food was wonderful, staff was 5 star, restaurant clean..........we left full and happy...........next stop was to the pet shop to buy her a guinea pig!! ;c)

• Visited November 2013

Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Overall OK - Would think about Returning”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Overall we had decent meals here - steaks were good and service was pretty good throughout. As we wanted to leave from being tired from a long day, it took FOREVER to receive our check and change. Very disappointing at the end of a decent meal. Oh well.

• Visited October 2013
Athens, AL
“Good steaks”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Visited with my son on a motorcycle trip. Good service, good food, good wine. There TV's with the game on, but it wasn't annoying. Would visit again.

Visited August 2013
Mobile, AL
“Choose somewhere else”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Dined on 7/30/13 around 6:30 with 2 co-workers. We had to wait to be seated even though they were only 1/3 full. Hostess and waitress were friendly upon our arrival and exit. Strawberry lemonade was good. Our Texas Rose appetizer was over-fried, but they happily brought another one when we quickly and politely pointed that out. The complimentary bread was......generic, and didn't really have any flavor. I had a caesar salad with chicken which was a plateful of salad and generous portion of chicken, but I think I only had about 5 croutons and the dressing had almost no flavor to it. I had to salt and pepper my salad which I rarely do. One co-worker was still kind of full from eating earlier, so he only had a loaded baked potato which he only half ate because it didn't taste good and was room temp. Other co-worker had a chicken dish that came with a side salad and mashed potatoes. His salad was cold, crisp, and fresh. The chicken was just ok and he only ate half of the potatoes because they tasted kind of pasty.

We had been told by the front desk clerk at our motel, the Quality Inn next door, that if we ate there to show our room key to get 10% off our bill, but we forgot. Oh well. Won't be back though, this place seems like a poorly done rip-off of a Longhorn's restuarant. If you are in the area, I suggest choosing another place to eat, there were a few other chains within walking distance.

Visited July 2013
Birmingham, AL
“Not good!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We met two other couples for dinner at this restaurant (not our choice). My first impression was established as we approached the entrance. The glass on the door was filthy---probably had not been cleaned in weeks. Not a good sign. Then next thing I noticed were the prices on the menu. It had been a while since I had eaten at a "Lone Star"and I was very surprised at how much the prices had risen. The steaks ran from $18.99 to $22.99, which I found to be rather high for a chain restaurant like this. Outback Steak House is a far better value and maintains infinitely better quality control. I ordered the sirloin steak and stuffed mushroom combo, which came with two "sides". I selected the mushroom soup and Caesar salad. The salad was average. The soup was luke warm. The steak was slightly overcooked and the meat was lacking in flavor. The stuffed mushrooms consisted of two slightly larger than marble size mushrooms stuffed with tasteless spinach---four small bites at best. Overall experince was poor, especially considering the prices paid. Will not eat at any Lone Star again except under duress!

• Visited May 2013